Anyone still collect or listen to Vinyl records?

Satanical Eve

Cro Cop's Left Leg
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks to my father giving me his record collection a few years ago I ended up buying a record player and proceeded to start my own vinyl collection. I have fallen in love with the way vinyls sound compared to all other music mediums. Love the warmth that they bring and the the way so many artists today and in the past used the cover to create special album art strictly vinyls.

Anyone beside myself collect and actively listen to vinyl?

Most recent purchase, The Prodigy - The Fat Of The Land (1997 repressing)
MU4FKqr.jpg

And right now my two most prized vinyls

Original first US vinyl pressing of Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti released on February 24th, 1975.
sJsviva.jpg

and

Black Sabbath - Paranoid original Warner Brothers, 18 September 1970 vinyl. Cat#BSK 3104 (Original first US pressing)
opYxPKJ.jpg

Yeah man I started a year ago. Collect a lot of classic rock and roll, they don't have to be original though I will but re prints.

Thanks to my father giving me his record collection a few years ago I ended up buying a record player and proceeded to start my own vinyl collection. I have fallen in love with the way vinyls sound compared to all other music mediums. Love the warmth that they bring and the the way so many artists today and in the past used the cover to create special album art strictly vinyls.

Anyone beside myself collect and actively listen to vinyl?

Most recent purchase, The Prodigy - The Fat Of The Land (1997 repressing)
MU4FKqr.jpg

And right now my two most prized vinyls

Original first US vinyl pressing of Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti released on February 24th, 1975.
sJsviva.jpg

and

Black Sabbath - Paranoid original Warner Brothers, 18 September 1970 vinyl. Cat#BSK 3104 (Original first US pressing)
opYxPKJ.jpg

I have some old ones that I haven't thrown away. You need to get a tube amplifier to play those records.

Maybe its dumb but i actually just buy vinyls of smaller bands that Ive been listening too, whether off the record label site or from their shows to support them, but i dont actually listen to the vinyl.

My pops had a huge vinyl collection when I was a kid. My mom used to rip on him for how much space it took up in the house. When they divorced he was forced to sell it all. I had to help him box it all up and take it to the guy who was buying it.

To this day I still remember the feeling I had that afternoon. I never hated my mother more.

Love vinyl recs. Don't have a huge collection, but I have a lot tho.
Mostly punk. A lot of limited pressings and out of print stuff.
I did mail order and get em at shows, before internet. Sometimes record shops that didn't really know what they had. Some of the shit I have, will cost an arm and leg.
Hopefully my pops leaves his collection to me, he's got some Elvis and Beatles in their some where.

They have became very popular again thanks to hipsters. Ten years ago you could get Pink Floyd's whole discography in used vinyls for like 10 bucks, now 20 year old vinyls are as expensive than brand new albums, it's insane.

I've got exactly 220 vinyls but I'm a black and death metal fan. Extreme metal bands never stopped publishing vinyls even in the 90's.

Gave a away a rare OB4CL DJ edit.

Yeah, well I am going to start. Currently the only vinyl I have is a first pressing of Astral Weeks.

Yes. I love to browse Discogs and search for new stuff to buy.

No. I think the last vinyl record I bought was Def Leppard Pyromania.

I collect 8 Tracks though.

not really

My pops had a huge vinyl collection when I was a kid. My mom used to rip on him for how much space it took up in the house. When they divorced he was forced to sell it all. I had to help him box it all up and take it to the guy who was buying it.

To this day I still remember the feeling I had that afternoon. I never hated my mother more.

Ouch dude I thought that was going to be a feel good story for a bit.

I've got plenty of old vinyl that the parents collected, but no record player. There's a copy of Paranoid, but sadly only a reissue, not the original release. Plenty of singles from the 60s and 70s, of varying degrees of musical quality.

I got Judas Priest's British Steel from a giveaway at my uni Rock Society, plus some Paice/Lord-era Whitesnake singles from charity shops.

Edmonton has this sweet antique mall with thousands of old records to go thorough. I got some Alice cooper and bob Dylan records last time I was there.

They have became very popular again thanks to hipsters. Ten years ago you could get Pink Floyd's whole discography in used vinyls for like 10 bucks, now 20 year old vinyls are as expensive than brand new albums, it's insane.

I've got exactly 220 vinyls but I'm a black and death metal fan. Extreme metal bands never stopped publishing vinyls even in the 90's.

It's always been like that tho. Record collectors are pretentious assholes
I really didn't get into vinyl til about early 90's. I bought tapes and cd's. Late 80's, cd's were like $15 - 20+, tapes even $11/12-14/15. But vinyl was like $20-30, sometimes like $40, depending on what you're looking for, and where you go. Even stuff that wasn't even 15 or 10 years old yet. Classic rock and stuff like that probably wasn't sought after.

I know metal has done vinyl and still do.

I've got plenty of old vinyl that the parents collected, but no record player. There's a copy of Paranoid, but sadly only a reissue, not the original release. Plenty of singles from the 60s and 70s, of varying degrees of musical quality.

I got Judas Priest's British Steel from a giveaway at my uni Rock Society, plus some Paice/Lord-era Whitesnake singles from charity shops.

Players aren't that expensive

Got one of these a few months ago off ebay:

1298_1.jpg

Still have to go out and find some more vinyl but it's been fun listening to my old records stashed away for so many years. I love playing records, feels right...

Back