Anyone seen this gadget before?

The Big Babou

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It's called a "sizzler". I bought it in Japan but have no idea where to find it here. It's a bottle opener / closer. It seals the top of a bottle (beer, soft drink, etc) well enough to be able to drink it a couple of days later.

20130928_100054.jpg

20130928_100030.jpg

Last edited:
I have seen them and the guy that used them swore by them for keeping his sodas fizzy.

I've seen replacement soda ("pop" for for you inbred southerners) bottle caps that are little plastic hand pumps. Keeps carbonated liquids under pressure so the CO2 isn't able to form into little bubbles.

Does this sizzler thing pump at all?

Not that it would matter - the look on that woman's face... Like I need that shit in my life.

I've seen replacement soda ("pop" for for you inbred southerners)

Nobody says "pop" in the south. If you are going to insult an entire geographical region, at least get the slang correct.

I've seen replacement soda ("pop" for for you inbred southerners) bottle caps that are little plastic hand pumps. Keeps carbonated liquids under pressure so the CO2 isn't able to form into little bubbles.

Not that it would matter - the look on that woman's face... Like I need that shit in my life.

Pop is a Northwest and Midwest term.
IF you had an education beyond middle school, you would realize Coca Cola originated in Atlanta. Most southerners refer to soda as Coke.
Since you already showed your ignorance, here is a colorful map to show which region refers to soda as pop. Pro-Tip, the bottom of the map is considered the south.

6a00e554d9fb9988330120a4ff1104970b-pi

lost :icon_lol::icon_lol:

IF you had an education beyond middle school, you would realize Coca Cola originated in Atlanta. Most southerners refer to soda as Coke.
Since you already showed your ignorance, here is a colorful map to show which region refers to soda as pop. Pro-Tip, the bottom of the map is considered the south.

this seems accurate
having lived in indiana my whole life we most definitely say pop where i live

that accurate, born in st.louis and learned it as soda, moved to kansas and its pop here ick

Back