anyone sad this time of year?

Watermelonfresh

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
christMas for me is a nice time of year but I know a lot of people are sad around this time?

how do you feel?

what about after Christmas, seems like it goes too fast?

It's only sad because another year goes by and you know you're getting older.

winter times are always depressing

short cold days

It's only sad because another year goes by and you know you're getting older.

that's a bitch isn't it? time just flies man, it's so sad. I really enjoy my life too and am like where the fuck is time going?

I'm good, but for my father in law it's always bittersweet, as he lost his mother on a Christmas morning.

that's a bitch isn't it? time just flies man, it's so sad. I really enjoy my life too and am like where the fuck is time going?
It's the time of the year where you do a lot of reflecting. I had a sibling get married, and 3 really close friends take the plunge(marriage, not suicide). You kinda look around and say, well, that's that. I wonder what is coming for me next year.

I'm good, but for my father in law it's always bittersweet, as he lost his mother on a Christmas morning.

I've got a pal who lost his father on NYE. For a few years, I would chill with him, we wouldn't go out and party. Sit back and have a beer and reflect. I was close with his father. It's 11 years now, he doesn't go out still but stays home with his wife.

I've got a pal who lost his father on NYE. For a few years, I would chill with him, we wouldn't go out and party. Sit back and have a beer and reflect. I was close with his father. It's 11 years now, he doesn't go out still but stays home with his wife.

You're a good friend. that's cool

It's the time of the year where you do a lot of reflecting. I had a sibling get married, and 3 really close friends take the plunge(marriage, not suicide). You kinda look around and say, well, that's that. I wonder what is coming for me next year.

true!

I love the short days and all the darkness and cold and snow and ice. It's a beautiful time of year.

But I'm always a walking black hole of energy so s:

I completely forgot my grandma (dads side) died on Christmas as well, about 3 years back I think. To top it off dec 26 is my dads birthday. I need to rethink what to get him now. first time going home for Christmas in almost a decade now.

All my personal tragedies have happened around Easter so I'm good. Time to snowboard, drink whiskey, and bang my gf in front of a fire

When I was in the Marine Corps the senior leadership used to refer to the christmas / new years holidays as "the dark ages" due to many stints of Marines getting in trouble or attempting suicide. The worst was the guys who were broke (their own fault, but nevertheless) and didn't go home for that 2 weeks, so they would stay in the barracks by themselves with nothing to do and drink themselves damned near into a coma. I don't celebrate christmas so I would volunteer to take duty over these holidays (got me out of doing duty most other holidays) and I saw some pretty depressed / sad / blue people and it was unsettling.

I would suggest to other people that they get a kitten... sure as shit, it's tough to be depressed when you've got a lovely, playful kitten hanging around. haha

S.A.D. indeed.

Cold, dreary, gloomy weather.

<{cruzshake}>

Back