anyone rewatched jones vs gus since the coke scandal?

in the liver

Mo froots
@Gold
Reaction score
jones looked like shit the whole fight. i'm not saying gus didnt fight well but i dont think jones was anywhere near himself in that fight, he plods around looking spaced out most of the time.i say this as someone who REALLY wants gus to smash jones but i dont think a whole lot of jones showed up that day : /

part of me says im just seeing him now in the fight as a coke head, but the other part of me says that i just didnt question how bad he looked at the time because of his record and reputation.

anyone else rewatched this fight since the scandal hit?

anyone got any anecdotes about coke withdrawal?

30uvaqw.jpg

gus is just good, and matches up well with jones. getting punched in the face/beat up and getting stuffed is why jones looked bad.

jones looked like shit the whole fight. i'm not saying gus didnt fight well but i dont think jones was anywhere near himself in that fight, he plods around looking spaced out most of the time.i say this as someone who REALLY wants gus to smash jones but i dont think a whole lot of jones showed up that day : /

part of me says im just seeing him now in the fight as a coke head, but the other part of me says that i just didnt question how bad he looked at the time because of his record and reputation.

anyone else rewatched this fight since the scandal hit?

anyone got any anecdotes about coke withdrawal?

30uvaqw.jpg

coke withdrawls r all mental not physical like opiates or alcohol

gus is just good, and matches up well with jones. getting punched in the face/beat up and getting stuffed is why jones looked bad.

Ain't it funny how getting boxed up can make a fighter look bad and confused....

Length matters more than girth in fighting....If Jones ever goes to HW, I'd like to see him and Travis Browne for his first fight. Reasonable opponent in my opinion and no gimmie.

I'd favor Browne.

Obviously Gus is very good and being tall gave Jones a problem he hasn't had to deal with before but Joe Rogan and Brian Stann were both saying on the JRE that they heard from a few people that Jon didn't really train for that fight. Apparently he did a little boxing but that was it.

Nope.

But I did rewatch Jones vs Hammil though. 12-6 bows to the nose for stealing Bones blow...yo...

coke withdrawls r all mental not physical like opiates or alcohol

cessation from substances that only create a psychological dependence can still lead to physical symptoms. These symptoms aren't from coming off of coke, but more so the stress of coming off of something extremely pleasurable. Stress can cause all sorts of interesting stuff like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle tightness, headaches, insomnia etc.

From what I know about that performance, it sounds more likely that he was hung over. I doubt he would be using coke close to fight time. Johnny Boy likes to party.

Gus is just that good. Theres a reason Jones wouldn't fight him right after

For all practical purposes, cocaine is a triple reuptake inhibitor. There is a physiological basis for the withdrawal effects. It's not psychological, lol.

Length matters more than girth in fighting....If Jones ever goes to HW, I'd like to see him and Travis Browne for his first fight. Reasonable opponent in my opinion and no gimmie.

I'd favor Browne.

Browne would have 1 and only 1 round to win. His gas tank is atrocious and I wanted him to become a title contender too.

Gus had the speed/footwork advantage, and that can make anyone look plodding in comparison.

Chael don't care he gets the coke out in front so everyone can see! Not like that loser jones who hides it! He's such a fake!

30uvaqw.jpg

Am I doing it right?

I'd favor Browne.

which is why we have height classes and why is why nate diaz would ko palhares right? :icon_lol:

Jones looked slow and plodding because Gus was attacking from angles and not standing in front of him.

Jones looked bad cause he fought someone close to his reach and got his shit boxing punished

Back