Anyone Remember the NHL Clint Malarchuk Accident?

I watch a lot of hockey. One of the best players was Scott Stevens known for causing career ending concussions. It doesnt change the fact that McSorleys "play" was one of the scummiest moves ever. It doesn't matter if he was a goon or an elite sniper.
Stevens wasn't a dirty player though clean hits anyone who kept their head down when he was on the ice shoulda known better. I'm not saying that wasn't a dirty play role players are made an example of where players like Ovechkin could get away with murder.

Thankfully the team trainer was an army medic from Vietnam and know how to handle it. He could have died on the ice.

The paramedics are heroes.

What was the fucked up part was Malarchuk had serious OCD and he couldn't get over the incident because of it.

He admits later that he did try and kill himself after Zednick incident cause his OCD kicked right back in and made him think terrible thoughts.

It's such a sad and unfortunate accident, sounds as if the incident traumatized Malarchuck too. I always did wonder why hockey goalies wear neck guards and bulky protective equipment.

Last edited:
Stevens wasn't a dirty player though clean hits anyone who kept their head down when he was on the ice shoulda known better. I'm not saying that wasn't a dirty play role players are made an example of where players like Ovechkin could get away with murder.

He was a dirty player though. Not on the goon, grinder role player, sense. He was a known and feared defenseman for a reason. I know they teach you to keep your head up even way back in Junior but he still could have let up on some of those bone crushing hits. He was known to go after especially vulnerable players. If he played today I'm sure he'd have been suspended a few times. Sucks the sport is getting more regulated (pussified) . But it's there to protect the players. Would have been nice to see guys like Eric Lindros, Marc Savard and Pat Lafontaine have full careers, not cut short due to concussions from hits to the head.

And that is why they have doctors at every game.

He was a wrecking ball. His check on Paul Kariya where he KOd him my have been the hardest hit I've ever seen.

He was a dirty player though. Not on the goon, grinder role player, sense. He was a known and feared defenseman for a reason. I know they teach you to keep your head up even way back in Junior but he still could have let up on some of those bone crushing hits. He was known to go after especially vulnerable players. If he played today I'm sure he'd have been suspended a few times. Sucks the sport is getting more regulated (pussified) . But it's there to protect the players. Would have been nice to see guys like Eric Lindros, Marc Savard and Pat Lafontaine have full careers, not cut short due to concussions from hits to the head.
Both the Lindros brothers had to retire due to pcs it does suck about Eric because the hype he had around him and what he could've been if it wasn't for injuries and the higher ups in the Flyers fucking him over.

Back