Anyone remember Enemy Mine?

Poor Quaid. Ugly even on an alien planet.

giphy.gif

Liberal movie before liberalism took hold. Human adopting and raising a child not even of same species. Truly ahead of its time.

I don’t think that’s a good comparison really. Enemy Mine is more of a drama with some important underlying themes. Howard the Duck is just an over the top cheese fest that probably always sucked, we just didn’t realize it as kids.

As Dana White would say, Howard the Duck was never my friend.

I wasn't really comparing the two movies, but just pointing out that I've learned the hard way to not go back and watch those "great" movies from my childhood.

I wasn't really comparing the two movies, but just pointing out that I've learned the hard way to not go back and watch those "great" movies from my childhood.

I see. Well, I think this one would hold up better than Howard the Duck. Just because a movie’s older doesn’t mean it will suck. Enemy Mine is a legit good movie. I don’t even have any nostalgia when it comes to that movie because I saw it for the first time in like 2007 when I was already 23.

one of the few movies that made it to the Soviet big screen back in the day. watched it many times as a kid.

Enemy_Mine-1024x576.jpg

Saw it as a kid and really liked it. Pretty much seems forgotten. The worm monster freaked me tf out as a lad.
Amazing movie.

It's about not being a fucking racist, btw.

Loved that movie. Haven't seen it in at least 20 years but I still think about it at least once a week.

This is an absolute - near universal- truth.
After going back and watching Howard the Duck I've kind of decided not to re-watch those films I loved as a kid anymore. Holy shit was Howard the Duck horrible!
It was horrible. So abhorrent as a matter of fact that it could cause a person to swear off the classics - please don't let that happen.

Enemy Mine holds up pretty well, I still enjoy it in my 30s. Howard the Duck...maybe it blows but it'll always be near and dear to my heart!

Enemy_Mine-1024x576.jpg

Saw it as a kid and really liked it. Pretty much seems forgotten. The worm monster freaked me tf out as a lad.
We had a thread on this like 2 months ago lol

yeah a lot of us love it

Amazing movie.

It's about not being a fucking racist, btw.

Yeah looking back seems obvious but as a kid I just saw it as being bros with aliens. Was really into aliens as a kid. Wanted an alien as my bro.

Back