Anyone remember Enemy Mine?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Enemy_Mine-1024x576.jpg

Saw it as a kid and really liked it. Pretty much seems forgotten. The worm monster freaked me tf out as a lad.

Great science fiction film.

One of Louis gosset best performances.

Great parable for interracial families as well

Good movie. Brion James was always a great villain.

Enemies because they were taught to be.
Allies because they had to be.
Brothers because they dared to be.
Lovers because it felt so right to be.

Classic 80’s, I liked it

That was a good one, and something new at the time.

Great moving and I loved it as a kid. I'm not sure it still holds up though as I haven't seen it in probably 20 years. After going back and watching Howard the Duck I've kind of decided not to re-watch those films I loved as a kid anymore. Holy shit was Howard the Duck horrible!

To be fair its not some random sci fi film that turned up supprising well, Wolfgang Petersen directed it and his style definitely suits it..

It really feels like a Trek episode done very well indeed and indeed I think Trek itself arguably took influence from it in the TNG era, how many episodes had a similar kind of setup to this?

Last edited:
Great movie even rewatching it years later it holds up.

I still remember that Lou Gossett's character called Dennis Quaid's ugly, made me think about relative views at the time.

HELL IN THE PACIFIC ain't bad either. Birth scene sucked tho.

Watched it not too long ago. Solid stuff.

I watched the movie as an adult and I found it to be surprisingly good. For any sci-fi movie fan I recommend it.

Great moving and I loved it as a kid. I'm not sure it still holds up though as I haven't seen it in probably 20 years. After going back and watching Howard the Duck I've kind of decided not to re-watch those films I loved as a kid anymore. Holy shit was Howard the Duck horrible!

I don’t think that’s a good comparison really. Enemy Mine is more of a drama with some important underlying themes. Howard the Duck is just an over the top cheese fest that probably always sucked, we just didn’t realize it as kids.

As Dana White would say, Howard the Duck was never my friend.

Back