Anyone play Way of the Samurai 3?

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This game seems like something I'd enjoy, but it's messy as fuck and nothing is really explained very well. Other than that I'm trying to get into it but I can't get a few steps without getting stuck again. Basically I'm doing a mission for a lord where he wants me to capture a thief by using blast attack on him 10 times. The problem? There doesn't seem to be any indication of what blast attack is or how I use it? I don't see it in my skill list. It's in the instruction book but it doesn't tell you how to use it. I don't know if I should learn the skill because again there's no indication for how you're meant to do it.

I played the first one and I loved it back then. It sounds like what usually happens with japanese game series though, where the developers refuse to correct mistakes from the first game and it just kind of gets worse over time. At least, that is the impression I get from the reviews of 3 and 4

I have it for the 360. I've dabbled in it and I find it fun. I really need to go deeper though.

I have 4 and it is super fun. Getting the right looks or your guy and his sword, building your own dojo and your own sword style, the wicked fun combat, and the whole hilariously over the top atmosphere make the game very worthwhile IMO. But I've never played 3 so I dunno.

This game seems like something I'd enjoy, but it's messy as fuck and nothing is really explained very well. Other than that I'm trying to get into it but I can't get a few steps without getting stuck again. Basically I'm doing a mission for a lord where he wants me to capture a thief by using blast attack on him 10 times. The problem? There doesn't seem to be any indication of what blast attack is or how I use it? I don't see it in my skill list. It's in the instruction book but it doesn't tell you how to use it. I don't know if I should learn the skill because again there's no indication for how you're meant to do it.

I made a Way of the Samurai series thread a while back, if you can find it there's a lot of good info on the games. As someone who's a been a huge fan of the series for years and has played all of them, this is what I can tell you.

-I think the "blast attack" means using the blunt side of your sword so you don't kill the guy

-If you have a PS3 play WOTS 4, it's the best installment imo. 1 is worth playing for the story and soundtrack, but it is limited in aspects like saving and number of endings. 2 is fun and introduced the draw stance, but the story was lacking.

My big hope is somehow PS4 released the whole collection of these games, they're all so fun.

Back