Anyone picking Ferreira vs. Pettis?

I’m 50/50 on this one.

Carlos Ferreira is a cool guy. He owns a gym in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area. I’ve seen him a few times at BJJ tournaments in the area.

Anyway he is 16-2 and has solid wins over the likes of Rustam Khabilov, Ramsey Nijum and Colton Smith.

Anthony Pettis is obviously the biggest test of his career, outside of Dustin Poirer (who knocked Carlos out), but looking at Pettis’ record he hasn’t won two fights in a row since 2014.

I’ve got a feeling
Is this a troll thread?

Ferreira is more than a 2-1 favorite in Vegas.

I have money on Pettis at +200.

I think Pettis is pretty much done and Ferreira is just starting to peak.

I wouldn't count Pettis out entirely, but I expect Ferreira to win, possibly in dominant fashion.
Nooooo, not done at all.
<{cruzshake}>
<36>
<TrumpWrong1>

Ferreira will crumble Pettis with his unrelenting pressure and pace

The only fight I wanna watch. But not buying the PPV for just that.

all credibility just went out the door when u said pettis could get subbed.
Deigo Ferreira is a credentialed grappler who has won medals in BJJ at the world championship level. If he hurts Pettis or Pettis gasses, he could for sure Sub. him lol. Pettis has never faced a grappler better than Ferreira. Olivera MIGHT be on Ferreira's level, but even that's a stretch and Subbing Olivera is literally the only reason that I think Subbing Ferreira is his best hope. You have no credibility if you think Pettis is some un submit-table god lmaooo. That's literally laughable

There’s always something going on with Pettis. Some type of ‘bad luck’ or whatever it is or some type of injury.

Can’t trust him to win but he did upset Wonderboy

Pettis is 4-7 in his last 11 fights wtf is he still ranked #11?

<bball1>

Unless Diego gets caught with something, I don't see him losing. The man is a pressure fighter and exactly the kind of guy that gives Pettis fits.

I like Pettis but I also feel sorry for him.
Ferreira by domination

Deigo Ferreira is a credentialed grappler who has won medals in BJJ at the world championship level. If he hurts Pettis or Pettis gasses, he could for sure Sub. him lol. Pettis has never faced a grappler better than Ferreira. Olivera MIGHT be on Ferreira's level, but even that's a stretch and Subbing Olivera is literally the only reason that I think Subbing Ferreira is his best hope. You have no credibility if you think Pettis is some un submit-table god lmaooo. That's literally laughable

LMAO CDF is a legit black belt in terms of what, GI tournaments? Buddy, just because someone is rocking a "3rd degree" black belt title doesn't mean he's going to be Demian Maia in the UFC. CDF is 35 years old with submission wins only against literal nobodies.

Isn't ATOS primarily a GI school? I don't think CDF is even near the level of Gilbert Burns.

Remember when Roger Gracie "far more credentials than CDF" went into MMA? I bet you were screaming he was going to be some kinda submission god too right?

Pettis has proven his bjj is on the elite level inside the cage.

I guess Conor McGregor could submit Cowboy too if he, "HURTS HIM OR COWBOY GASSES" lol. fuck sakes.

Last edited:
LMAO CDF is a legit black belt in terms of what, GI tournaments? Buddy, just because someone is rocking a "3rd degree" black belt title doesn't mean he's going to be Demian Maia in the UFC. CDF is 35 years old with submission wins only against literal nobodies.
Isn't ATOS primarily a GI school?

Remember when Roger Gracie "far more credentials than CDF" went into MMA? I bet you were screaming he was going to be some kinda submission god too right?

What "Elite" Grapplers has Pettis gone against that are on Ferreira's level? Ferreira has won medals in both Gi and NoGi. His NoGi medals were at the World Jiu-Jitsu Championships. What does Roger Gracie have to do with anything? The reason CDF doesn't have a bunch of Subs, is because he likes to keep things on the feet. You are literally saying it's impossible for Pettis to be tapped by CDF and I'm telling you that is ridiculous. My original statement was CDF will either TKO him OR Sub him, idk why you're getting so caught up on the Sub part like that is impossible of happening lmaoo. This is funny af lol

i put 100 on pettis, just like someone said here: he can showtime his way to a victory, and Im hoping he does

Isn't ATOS primarily a GI school? I don't think CDF is even near the level of Gilbert Burns.

I guess Conor McGregor could submit Cowboy too if he, "HURTS HIM OR COWBOY GASSES" lol. fuck sakes.
Now you're comparing CDF subing Pettis, to Conor subing Cowboy? Are you on meth? Like wtf kinda logic is that. You actually went back into your original post, and edited it just to add that stupid crack head shit lmaoo

What "Elite" Grapplers has Pettis gone against that are on Ferreira's level? Ferreira has won medals in both Gi and NoGi. His NoGi medals were at the World Jiu-Jitsu Championships. What does Roger Gracie have to do with anything? The reason CDF doesn't have a bunch of Subs, is because he likes to keep things on the feet. You are literally saying it's impossible for Pettis to be tapped by CDF and I'm telling you that is ridiculous. My original statement was CDF will either TKO him OR Sub him, idk why you're getting so caught up on the Sub part like that is impossible of happening lmaoo. This is funny af lol
LOLZ AF. CDF is 35 years old and you think he has a chance to submit Pettis who has fought far more dangerous mma BJJ fighters. Oliveira has like 18 fucking submission wins in mma and look what happened. If CDF wins, its going to be because he KO's Pettis' glass jaw or Pettis breaks because his whole body is made of glass.

mma bjj vs pure bjj are 2 different things.

LOLZ AF. CDF is 35 years old and you think he has a chance to submit Pettis who has fought far more dangerous mma BJJ fighters. Oliveira has like 18 fucking submission wins in mma and look what happened. If CDF wins, its going to be because he KO's Pettis' glass jaw or Pettis breaks because his whole body is made of glass.

I mentioned Olivera so many times, and even brought that up when talking about Pettis's best chance at winning being by Sub. I just think you think that Pettis is not able to be submitted and I highly disagree with that. Especially considering the pace that CDF will put on Pettis, and the potential of that glass jaw you mentioned being hurt at some point before a potential Sub. I'm going to be real my dude, you seem very short sided. Think and read before you reply to me again or I'll just block you lol

Subbed him just like I said lmaooo. You suck

Back