Anyone out there remember Balloon Boy?

MindTravel

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up going down the Balloon Boy internet rabbit hole a few months ago. His father was an amateur scientist and lovable publicity whore who hoaxed the world into thinking his 6 year old son flew away in a homemade weather balloon. I remember him not flying away in a weather balloon and a bunch of old ladies crying about it, then the kid coming down from his attic and blowing up his dad's publicity stunt on national TV later that day.

Well, it turns out he has a band with his brothers, does YouTube videos and is still reachin' for that golden ring.

So I had him on episode 32 of The Stranger In As Strange Land podcast!

----------
Behold! Our interview with Balloon Boy himself, singer/bassist of Heene Boyz, Mr. Falcon Heene! We discuss the infamous Balloon Boy Hoax, how he feels about the title now, his experiences living in Florida, The Heene Boyz' beef with Unlocking The Truth, their love of Donald Trump, plus an update on their touring plans and new material!

<iframe id="audio_iframe" src="https://www.podbean.com/media/player/pbjku-618800?skin=2" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="100" width="100%"></iframe>

35l9maa.jpg

I know the picture it's big. It's supposed to be, cocksucka.

Ha yep, that was hilarious. Gotta love the honesty of kids. Busts his dad's story live in an interview

I initially intended to speak with only Balloon Boy, but bam, all three brothers were there. Please bear with the 15 or 30 seconds of sound issues as the interview begins.

Also, I could tell right away he had little or no interest in really getting into the Balloon Boy story, so the whole interview is wacky as fuck.

I listened to it and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was while it was happening.

We just got on iTunes and Podbean, so check out our older episode if you dig this one. This is kind of a weird one, but so was the Luke Cummo episode. Haha...

Disappointed this wasn't a nostalgia thread about one of my favorite classic Game Boy games... Balloon Kid.

Hell yeah I remember that saga.

I ditched school one day and I was at home, while waiting for my friends to come over I watched the infamous interview that the kid "puked" on Live television.

Balloon Boy's father ended up doing 90 days in county and coughing up over $35,000, and the mom ended up doing something like 30 days of weekend jail. Because someone had to look after those wild and crazy Heene Boyz.

Album should be called -

Fingered all the way in

Imo

Those two should have taught their kids how to lie better if they wanted to pull that shit. I still don't know what they thought the profit model was there. It was fitting that the Dad farted on Wolf Blitzer Live or whatever right when their kid spilled the beans.

Those two should have taught their kids how to lie better if they wanted to pull that shit. I still don't know what they thought the profit model was there. It was fitting that the Dad farted on Wolf Blitzer Live or whatever right when their kid spilled the beans.

The parents had been on the show Wife Swap, the father was an actor who never made it, and they were trying to pitch a reality show to networks. The theory is that the Balloon Boy hoax was to garner enough attention to garner them the reality show.

It doesn't make any fucking sense, but as far as trying to guess their end game, that makes the most sense.

The parents had been on the show Wife Swap, the father was an actor who never made it, and they were trying to pitch a reality show to networks. The theory is that the Balloon Boy hoax was to garner enough attention to garner them the reality show.

It doesn't make any fucking sense, but as far as trying to guess their end game, that makes the most sense.

It's amazing the lengths people will go to in order to achieve strange thing X, on the fully committed assumption that strange thing X automatically will bring unattainable goal Y.

Somehow I ended up going down the Balloon Boy internet rabbit hole a few months ago. His father was an amateur scientist and lovable publicity whore who hoaxed the world into thinking his 6 year old son flew away in a homemade weather balloon. I remember him not flying away in a weather balloon and a bunch of old ladies crying about it, then the kid coming down from his attic and blowing up his dad's publicity stunt on national TV later that day.

Well, it turns out he has a band with his brothers, does YouTube videos and is still reachin' for that golden ring.

So I had him on episode 32 of The Stranger In As Strange Land podcast!

----------
Behold! Our interview with Balloon Boy himself, singer/bassist of Heene Boyz, Mr. Falcon Heene! We discuss the infamous Balloon Boy Hoax, how he feels about the title now, his experiences living in Florida, The Heene Boyz' beef with Unlocking The Truth, their love of Donald Trump, plus an update on their touring plans and new material!

<iframe id="audio_iframe" src="https://www.podbean.com/media/player/pbjku-618800?skin=2" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="100" width="100%"></iframe>

35l9maa.jpg

I know the picture it's big. It's supposed to be, cocksucka.

That is creepy I bet Pedos like that picture though Its just sad when kids gets exploited for publicity for fuck sake let the Kids be kids and find their own hobbies and passion.

And dont make your kids wear face paint like they are supposed to be a Member of Kizz

That is creepy I bet Pedos like that picture though Its just sad when kids gets exploited for publicity for fuck sake let the Kids be kids and find their own hobbies and passion.

And dont make your kids wear face paint like they are supposed to be a Member of Kizz

Although the father is definitely steering the ship on the whole thing, I can say beyond any doubt that these kids are having the time of their lives. You can tell from their YouTube videos and I could tell from talking to them that they are loving the fuck out of life and being in a band. All three of them are the kind of happy you can only really be when you're a kid. It's pretty cool.

Interesting side note - I had heard of the band shit a few years ago I think, but had forgotten about it. I ended up going down the rabbit hole because I had seen that picture I posted on a list of most hilariously bad album covers.

It's so fucking funny how life goes these days with the internet. When that Balloon Boy shit went down over six years ago, I would've never thought that I'd talk to that kid, about metal and playing shows no less, and on my podcast. I'm not sure I had even heard the word "podcast" at that point.

Although the father is definitely steering the ship on the whole thing, I can say beyond any doubt that these kids are having the time of their lives. You can tell from their YouTube videos and I could tell from talking to them that they are loving the fuck out of life and being in a band. All three of them are the kind of happy you can only really be when you're a kid. It's pretty cool.

Interesting side note - I had heard of the band shit a few years ago I think, but had forgotten about it. I ended up going down the rabbit hole because I had seen that picture I posted on a list of most hilariously bad album covers.

It's so fucking funny how life goes these days with the internet. When that Balloon Boy shit went down over six years ago, I would've never thought that I'd talk to that kid, about metal and playing shows no less, and on my podcast. I'm not sure I had even heard the word "podcast" at that point.

That is great, if they enjoy it good on them, I am a metal head too... so I hope they get to be a sucessfull Metal group in the future.

BTW how were you able to talk to baloon boy do you work for a Heavy Metal Magazine?

That is great, if they enjoy it good on them, I am a metal head too... so I hope they get to be a sucessfull Metal group in the future.

BTW how were you able to talk to baloon boy do you work for a Heavy Metal Magazine?

The podcast isn't associated with any other media outlet. It's just me and my brother doing the show from his bedroom.

I got Balloon Boy on the show by just friending him on Facebook and asking. He seems like a pretty cool kid. I actually friended him a few months back when my fascination with that whole situation (the hoax as well as the band) first came to be. So by the time I asked him to do the podcast, we had already interacted a few times.

Bahaha, this has been our biggest episode yet! Over 125 downloads.

Oh, internet. I love you.

Back