Anyone out there doing weighted pushups?

Well if it heals and strengthens it how can it not prevent it? I can't find a study with a lazy google search so you'll have to comb through yourself. I know that my tendons feel better and I recover better, have more energy, if I use some 80% effort or 100% effort isometric contraction though (if I flex maximally, maybe against a wall or just in place, or pulling on some static object). Some things are primitive.
Megadose on glucosamine and chondroitin! Or boil bones and drink them (with marrow). This solves any joint and connective tissue problem pretty much.

can someone explain to me how the ROM of bench significantly differs from a push up? i always thought of them to be practically identical

can someone explain to me how the ROM of bench significantly differs from a push up? i always thought of them to be practically identical

Probably similar, but if your barbell bench has a wide grip or has a significant arch, and you do push ups with the chest touching the ground on each rep, then the push up might have a longer ROM. The "bar path" and joint angles will be slightly different too because they're different exercises and the body isn't parallel to the floor throughout the whole movement in a push up.

Last edited:

If you do a push up elevated on chairs or some other objects, you can extend the range of motion. Also, I remember reading in the first edition of Functional Training for Sports by Michael Boyle that doing push ups works the scapula in a way the bench press does not --- which is something that is almost never discussed.

I did push ups for 28 days and progressed to having two children on my back during the pandemic and weights were at a premium. I used it to get ready for benching and i am hella strong in bench

Calisthenics only crew.
Much less mass but injury free.
Pushups, Pullups, Squats, Burpees, etc.

Back