Anyone Ordered from A1 Nutrition?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by theNuge, Mar 21, 2008.

1. theNuge

theNuge Brown Belt

I was checking out prices for Cytogainer and I noticed at a1nutrition.com they have a 6 lbs. container on sale for $28.95. That seems like a great price but I've never ordered from the company. Has anyone here ordered from them?

2. theNuge

theNuge Brown Belt

OK, I'm blind :redface:. That isn't the best price out there. Please ignore this post as far the price of Cytogainer goes. If you do want to post on your experiences with A1 Nutrition then feel free and help me save this thread :D.

3. joshetc

joshetc butthole hurts from teh gay

Never ordered from there, but I noticed dpsnutrition.com has good prices on most cytosport stuff. I had a problem with them a while ago, the first time I ordered evopro I ordered like 3 tubs from them (diff flavors) and the chocolate tasted like shit, almost pukable. Like 3 months later I got more chocolate and it was good. Apparently the first tub of chocolate I got from them was rotten or something, IDK if that was cytosports fault or dpsnutritions fault.

Its nice to see cytogainer is so cheap at some of these places, though. I am seriously considering trying it. My TP mixture is like $8/lb after shipping.. which is a lot considering it is 60% carbs.

4. theNuge

theNuge Brown Belt

I was considering trying to make my own weight gainer at TP. Is that what you do? If it is what is the mixture?

On a side note, I never thought that I would ever have a problem gaining weight.

5. joshetc

It is:
    30% dextrose
    30% maltodextrin
    30% whey protein isolate
    10% instanitized BCAAs

If I made it again, I'd do things slightly different, though:
    30% dextrose
    30% maltodextrin
    15% whey protein isolate
    15% hydrolyzed whey protein
    10% BCAAs

6. theNuge

theNuge Brown Belt

That's exactly what I have for my PWO mix. What I'm looking for is a mixture for a weight gainer. Maybe I can use that for a weight gainer, who knows.

I've been messing around on TP with gainer mixtures. I think I'm going to start a new thread about this.

7. joshetc

I don't even use it as a weightgainer, and I'd use cytogainer as a post-workout drink. Cytogainer is like a 3:2 carb:protein drink, basically. It is nearly the same, except I think the maltodextrin in cytogainer is partially digested. 3 scoops of cytogainer nets you about 63g carbs and 40g protein, which if you'll notice, should be pretty similar to your post-workout concoction.

To be honest, if I was going to make a MRP, it would be similar to muscle milk, or like 2:2:1 ratio of carbs:protein:healthy fat.

I'd probably prefer to make my own, rather than use TP. Something like:

1-2 scoops muscle milk or a mimicker
    1-2 teaspoons milled flax seeds
    1/2-1 cup ground instant oats
    ~15oz milk or water

A lot of people make drinks like that, pretty good for breakfast on the go, too.