Anyone One Else Getting Destroyed by Allergies?

I had the worst hayfever for the longest time. It was destroying me. I was cycling through antihistamines to the point where they were useless.

Then I went to a Naturopath. Was a day and night difference.

Turns out my intestines were riddled with bad bacteria. I went on a stomach cleanse and did a course of probiotics. Now I rarely get hayfever, and when I do, I take an antihistamine and it works fine because I'm not building a tolerance. Finding an antihistamine that works for you is a big part of it, too.

Anyway, I learned that I don't tolerate refined sugar and dairy too well. I stick to a Palio like diet as much as possible, but if I do upset the balance in my gut from eating crap, I eat clean and get on probiotics. I'm better in two days.

I wouldn't have believed any of this Naturopath nonsense unless I did it for myself. Think about it - why have people suddenly got hayfever in the last 50 years? It's our shitty, refined, processed, sugar laden diets.

I just switch to Allegra. Claritin weak ass ain't doing shit for me
Truth.

I am literally allergic to life. I took Seldane for years before they found out it was horrible for you. Then Claritin. Then Zyrtec. All crap.

Allegra works well. Combined with eating a teaspoon of local honey in the morning. My allergies have become at least manageable.

Having a lot of eye allergies and can't wear my contacts. I had a prescription drop but it ran out and that shit is expensive.

I had the worst hayfever for the longest time. It was destroying me. I was cycling through antihistamines to the point where they were useless.

Then I went to a Naturopath. Was a day and night difference.

Turns out my intestines were riddled with bad bacteria. I went on a stomach cleanse and did a course of probiotics. Now I rarely get hayfever, and when I do, I take an antihistamine and it works fine because I'm not building a tolerance. Finding an antihistamine that works for you is a big part of it, too.

Anyway, I learned that I don't tolerate refined sugar and dairy too well. I stick to a Palio like diet as much as possible, but if I do upset the balance in my gut from eating crap, I eat clean and get on probiotics. I'm better in two days.

I wouldn't have believed any of this Naturopath nonsense unless I did it for myself. Think about it - why have people suddenly got hayfever in the last 50 years? It's our shitty, refined, processed, sugar laden diets.

Modern American diets cause all sorts of problems. It's not good that this garbage is being spread all over the planet now.

I've heard putting Preperation H on your nostrils 3 times a day works wonders.

i did not have a problem with allergies as a child. I started having allergy attacks ( unwanted sneezing for several minutes) when I turned 22. This year ranks up in the the misery rankings. I use claritin D and little pink allergy pills. Last year I bought one or two boxes of pills. This year I am on box # 4 already.

I started nose spray and claritin about 4 weeks ago, before the season hit, and so far I've been fine, except for my energy level. I feel for you, though, TS. Shit can be debilitating.

I've had a sore throat, runny nose for a week and now have a cough.

It's pretty cold here.

I had the worst allergies I've ever seen until I started taking ZYRTEC liquid gel capsules. Pop one every morning when I wake up n stopped ever since.

Try and update

im ok now but the other day i was fucked up. itchy eyes are a bitch

I used to until I discovered Allegra, and I went to the highlands of Pennsylvania for college. Growing up in NJ is the worse place for allergies. It is called the Garden State for a reason. So many people plant all this exotic flora in their gardens.

The humidity just makes these plants go into hyper pollination. The only reprieve I ever got was day trips into Manhattan. The gasoline, dirt, grime, car exhaust was better for me than the jersey flora.

I am not sure why the Pennsylvania highlands flora did not affect me the same way. Thank god they eventually came out with Allegra.

I used to get the worst allergies in the beginning of summer. However, it just stopped altogether in the past 2 years. I heard that your body resets every 7 years, so old allergies go away and new ones might develop. Hang in there! There is hope for you guys once your reset cycle hits.

Zyrtec with affrain spray on bad days.

Yes I am.

Neti-Pot relief at least twice a day. If you're a sucker then go ahead and keep financing the big pharm companies for bullshit medicine.

Yeah, twice a year spring and fall. Knoxville is rated the worst city in the US, with our fellow rednecks in Chattanooga coming in 3rd or so. I've been using some RX noses pray the past few flareups, and that works pretty well. You could try taking warm water and snorting it up your nose. Netty pots too, unless you're so clogged up it doesn't work.

The past 2 weeks I've had a few days that were miserable. Some days my eyes would itch for like 15 minutees once stepping outside. Lately my nose has been running non stop.

Nah but I'm getting roughed up by this heat and humidity!

Had a sneeze attack for 2 hours straight. Cold came and fucked me over the next day. Finally beat it with some Benadryl.

Back