Anyone on the right believe in climate change here?

Lets not get off on the wrong foot. I see the value in curbing pollution. My point is that the common person who prides himself on *knowing* climate change is real does so because it's in style. They don't do anything different than someone who "denies" it.

If you're in a position to implement change, and do, well hats off to you.

I don't see the climate change as an argument worth having and I didn't say I was in position to implement change. I'm saying we should focus on what should be readily agreeable (curbing pollution) and that switching over to clean energy as technology allows is a no-brainer.

I'll let the partisan hacks bicker over science that hardly anyone understands.

I don't see the climate change as an argument worth having and I didn't say I was in position to implement change. I'm saying we should focus on what should be readily agreeable (curbing pollution) and that switching over to clean energy as technology allows is a no-brainer.

I'll let the partisan hacks bicker over science that hardly anyone understands.

Right, and the differences between one who agrees or disagrees with "switching over" is often invisible other than on paper. It's become a political issue where the label matters more than what the label represents.

Yes, first past the gate, winner takes all... you're screwed. Over here voting for independents as a means of forwarding specific issues actually makes a difference. We have the same political dissatisfaction that's seen everywhere else, and as a result the independents got more votes than ever this election (not quite another hung parliament, but close). Meaning the major parties will have to deal with them and accommodate their interests in order to pass any legislation.

It's why I don't vote. I'm not picking the best of the worst, you can keep your election.

Right, and the differences between one who agrees or disagrees with "switching over" is often invisible other than on paper. It's become a political issue where the label matters more than what the label represents.

It's like you either don't understand how this needs to be a group effort or you're so hung-up on denying man-made climate change that you want to denigrate anyone in favor of clean energy. You in the petrol business or what?

Far right non-religious believer in climate change and the incredibly horrific impact humans have on the earth. We are like locusts.

It's like you either don't understand how this needs to be a group effort or you're so hung-up on denying man-made climate change that you want to denigrate anyone in favor of clean energy. You in the petrol business or what?

It's not even a sacrifice here, with our power costs and weather. I put in a 10Kw Solar system 3 years ago and it's already paid for itself. I produce more power than I use and get a quarterly power cheque.
Haven't owned any cars for going on 2 decades now either, and eat way more kangaroo than beef or lamb.

You did this based on climate change and pollution?

That was one of the reasons. I hated the fact that I was being a hypocrite claiming to care for environment, but doing nothing about it on a personal level. But more than that, one day I just came into a sobering revelation that I had become indulgent, lazy and just generally pussified. You know, afraid of rain, afraid of cold weather.

I'm born in Lapland. During my mandatory service we were in the woods during -47C (-52.6F) we were out 18-20 h/day and we slept in tents FFS.

Now I was afraid of rain and cold... It had to stop.

Side note. I also started other exercises.

I think you're not getting my point, and that's fine. It's a stupid point anyway.

What I don't understand is why you think I'm a denier. You're reading between the lines and coming up with stuff that's not there.

Lets leave it at that.

I believe in man made climate change offcourse every thing will have an effect those green house gasses will definitely add up no matter what its not like those gasses will magically dissapear.

No matter how much it affects the planet it definitely needs to addressed at some point.

But here is the thing until we can find more practical solutions and alternative fuel sources we cant just say hey we will not pump oil.

If the rest of the world has a very stable power suply then maybe we can talk if we can cut back drilling.

But I am just being honnest here yes it is a problem a big problem but I want a stable power supply I hate power outages, I hate expensive electricty bill because we cant burn coal.

Heck just today there are like 5 black outs thanks to the commies fucking up the ecconomy!! So we need more power plants we cant rely just on Hydro Electric plants because during summer they cant provide enough power because the lake dries up.

Just see what is happening in Venezuela because of the drought the dams are not working.

That was one of the reasons. I hated the fact that I was being a hypocrite claiming to care for environment, but doing nothing about it on a personal level. But more than that, one day I just came into a sobering revelation that I had become indulgent, lazy and just generally pussified. You know, afraid of rain, afraid of cold weather.

I'm born in Lapland. During my mandatory service we were in the woods during -47C (-52.6F) we were out 18-20 h/day and we slept in tents FFS.

Alright, you're definitely not one of the people I was critiquing. If you're gonna preach it, you gotta live it.

Hats off.

We should pay close attention to the environment, regardless of whether you're a big believer in climate change or not. The idolization of over-the-top materialism needs to be put to an end. People need to start living for ideas once again, not the material. This is the only way to ensure our continued existence, without going down as essentially a species of planetary cancer.

I want clean energy but coal is cheaper and I want my AC running.

Hehehe.

It's not even a sacrifice here, with our power costs and weather. I put in a 10Kw Solar system 3 years ago and it's already paid for itself. I produce more power than I use and get a quarterly power cheque.
Haven't owned any cars for going on 2 decades now either, and eat way more kangaroo than beef or lamb.

Good for you. I've got all high-efficiency stuff for appliances. The energy bill is pretty low so I haven't been terribly motivated to invest in a solar setup. No way I could get by without a car, unless I wanted to commute to work 20 miles each way on a bike. Fuck that noise.

I think you're not getting my point, and that's fine. It's a stupid point anyway.

What I don't understand is why you think I'm a denier. You're reading between the lines and coming up with stuff that's not there.

Lets leave it at that.

Your posts struck me as antagonistic to discussion. I know you're generally a sharp one so I guessed that you just have a political angle here. But if all your doing is trying to shame people with cars who also claim to be pro-clean energy then ok. How else should I take your approach to our interaction here?

On the pussified note, I tried taking cold showers for a month just for that reason. I'm in Canada, so the water gets pretty damn cold. I did a month, but it broke me. Showers were taking too long because I had to psyche myself up for 10 minutes. Sometimes I just skipped them altogether.

I'm soft as hell.

The climate change movement is a marxist globalist movement to tax and hurt the west. It somehow plays into the new world order.

I also know that climate change/global warming science lies about their data to get what they want.

I thought you will say Hussein Obama is causing climate change every time he opens the gates of hell to party with Satan.

I must also say that many of the people who claim to be about clean energy:

-come off as hypocrites
-come off as dicks
-come off as ignorant boobs (ie. sabotaging nuclear power to stop climate change)

Your posts struck me as antagonistic to discussion. I know you're generally a sharp one so I guessed that you just have a political angle here. But if all your doing is trying to shame people with cars who also claim to be pro-clean energy then ok. How else should I take your approach to our interaction here?

No, man, if you go green, I tip my Castro hat to you.

As easily as I can say it is that I find it annoying for rabid climate-change enthusiasts to be so outspoken where they love to lord it over their political rivals, just to accuse them of ignorance while they themselves make absolutely zero effort to change, because deep down they don't give a damn about climate as much as they do about partisan BS. They just want to say they believe in climate change.

Then there are people that care and do, and it's not a political game.

No, man, if you go green, I tip my Castro hat to you.

As easily as I can say it is that I find it annoying for rabid climate-change enthusiasts to be so outspoken where they love to lord it over their political rivals, just to accuse them of ignorance while they themselves make absolutely zero effort to change, because deep down they don't give a damn about climate as much as they do about partisan BS. They just want to say they believe in climate change.

Then there are people that care and do, and it's not a political game.

Gotcha. That probably makes me an odd duck. I consider the climate change argument a bit of a distraction in the overall discussion of pollution. And while I'm anti-pollution, I'm not one of these granola fucks driving around in a car that runs off used cooking oil. I support government investment in the forms of grants, tax credits, and the purchasing of alternative energy equipment. Couple with private demand and interest, over time, as technology advances, humans as a group will transition. Like going from horses to motor vehicles.

http://www.desmogblog.com/2014/01/0...y-1-9136-study-authors-rejects-global-warming
Let's say you are sick and you see a doctor. The doctor says, you have cancer quit smoking. But you decide you want to smoke still and want a second opinion...

You have now seen 9137 doctors and 9136 tell you that you have cancer, who do you believe ?

Whichever one you want, I guess.
As of 2014 we had 9137 peer reviewed studies on man made climate change. 9136 agreed that climate change is caused by humans.

Gotcha. That probably makes me an odd duck. I consider the climate change argument a bit of a distraction in the overall discussion of pollution. And while I'm anti-pollution, I'm not one of these granola fucks driving around in a car that runs off used cooking oil. I support government investment in the forms of grants, tax credits, and the purchasing of alternative energy equipment. Couple with private demand and interest, over time, as technology advances, humans as a group will transition. Like going from horses to motor vehicles.

You ever see the movie who killed the electric car? I'm guessing that until change comes from above, nothing will improve.

Back