1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Anyone on the Raoni Barcelos hype train?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TJ Dillashank, Jun 20, 2021.

1. TJ Dillashank Purple Belt

This guy is one of the most well-rounded fighters in the UFC. He is a bantamweight and currently has a fight scheduled against Timur Valiev. His last fight was a beautiful performance against Khalid Taha. He is like Barboza mixed with Jose Aldo but also a 5-time wrestling champion and a BJJ black belt.

Only highlights I can find but you should watch the Taha fight it was a clinic

Chucky, Eiger, Krushey and 2 others like this.
  2. Ironnik94 Silver Belt

I think anyone who watched the Taha fight is on his train.
    The guy really is crazy good.

TJ Dillashank likes this.
  3. TJ Dillashank Purple Belt

I rewatched his fight a couple of minutes ago and I was so impressed he could make a career off of his ground game and striking by themselves but has both. I truly believe he could be champ now.

Ironnik94 likes this.
  4. Ironnik94 Silver Belt

Yeah, i mean Taha wasn't ranked at all i think, but this kind of performance is impressive against any 135er - i mean the division is just unbelievably good.
    He's kinda old though IIRC, but skill-wise i agree that he's thus far looked like champ material, though there are many fantastic looking fighters at 135, so i guess we'll have to wait how the remainder of his career pans out.
    Personally, i'm hoping that Sandhagen becomes champ, but the best fighters at 135 seem so close in skill that "anybody can beat anybody" seems to be a very accurate saying.

5. tornado362 Orange Belt

Yeah I really like him, worried about his next fight as feel he deserves a ranked opponent and Valiev is no easy opponent

Chucky and TJ Dillashank like this.
  6. Straatblaffer Brown Belt

Don't like to be that guy, but I love him for years now. He is a bit older unfortunately, but skillwise he is top 5 for a while