Anyone on the Raoni Barcelos hype train?

TJ Dillashank

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This guy is one of the most well-rounded fighters in the UFC. He is a bantamweight and currently has a fight scheduled against Timur Valiev. His last fight was a beautiful performance against Khalid Taha. He is like Barboza mixed with Jose Aldo but also a 5-time wrestling champion and a BJJ black belt.

Only highlights I can find but you should watch the Taha fight it was a clinic

I think anyone who watched the Taha fight is on his train.
The guy really is crazy good.

I think anyone who watched the Taha fight is on his train.
The guy really is crazy good.
I rewatched his fight a couple of minutes ago and I was so impressed he could make a career off of his ground game and striking by themselves but has both. I truly believe he could be champ now.

I rewatched his fight a couple of minutes ago and I was so impressed he could make a career off of his ground game and striking by themselves but has both. I truly believe he could be champ now.
Yeah, i mean Taha wasn't ranked at all i think, but this kind of performance is impressive against any 135er - i mean the division is just unbelievably good.
He's kinda old though IIRC, but skill-wise i agree that he's thus far looked like champ material, though there are many fantastic looking fighters at 135, so i guess we'll have to wait how the remainder of his career pans out.
Personally, i'm hoping that Sandhagen becomes champ, but the best fighters at 135 seem so close in skill that "anybody can beat anybody" seems to be a very accurate saying.

Don't like to be that guy, but I love him for years now. He is a bit older unfortunately, but skillwise he is top 5 for a while

Back