Anyone notice Jones striking defence last night when being pressured.

MagnusGOAT

Make America Great Britain again.
@Black
Reaction score
Effective but cringy from a boxing aspect lol (Diagram included.)
3K6swDD.png

It would be pretty silly for anyone to try and imitate Floyd against Cormier.

but yeah... his boxing defense isn't the greatest... all the more reason to be pumped for Gus/Jones 2

It would be pretty silly for anyone to try and imitate Floyd against Cormier.

but yeah... his boxing defense isn't the greatest... all the more reason to be pumped for Gus/Jones 2

Yeah the way he was ducking his head I was thinking a guy like Gus could deliver and monster uppercut.

DC was better in tight than glover, Jones fought well in close rang for a lanky dude.

side note: anyone remember when Bisping called luke rohold a "lanky piece of shit"

Well Cormier showed better boxing but got lost at any and every other aspect.

Yeah the way he was ducking his head I was thinking a guy like Gus could deliver and monster uppercut.

He always ducked from orthodox stance to the right side to avoid dc's right hand.

to land a uppercut perfect is very very hard.

I know it is the cool thing to hate on Jones but he actually does a pretty good job of rolling with punches and moving his head. He may not be doing so in the technically correct manner, but he rolls with punches well, covers up and moves his head and avoids taking many clean power shots.

He also seems to be able to take a punch when he does get hit. (though rolling with punches and not getting hit hard in the first place generally helps)

If only DC had Tyson's boxing skills. :(

I was really impressed with Jones's striking. He used every appendage and mixed it up!

I think one or two people may have noticed. The second a fighter needs to worry about take downs and knees is the second that a standard boxing defense becomes 'cringy', however. Bobbing and weaving against the cage would result in a rather quick TD or KO, I think.

I think one or two people may have noticed. The second a fighter needs to worry about take downs and knees is the second that a standard boxing defense becomes 'cringy', however. Bobbing and weaving against the cage would result in a rather quick TD or KO, I think.

Not saying he should have been bobbing and weaving I'm just saying it looked ridiculous.

Back