Anyone not impressed with Jiri at all?

He got rocked and stunned 3 or 4 times in his fight against Volkan. Yeah, he did KO volkan but He was very hittable and vulnerable in that fight. Rakic would butcher his legs with 4 or 5 leg kicks, then KO him with a high kick.

He would also get destroyed by Jan, one good left hook counter from blachowicz would put him out cold.

I said that before but people think Rakic duck Jiri. :(

His next scrap will hopefully tell us more. Style i unorthodox to say the least.

No, he’s wild and has a glass chin. Big power though, he’s a new Johnny Walker

I was just gonna say, he has a Johnny Walker "fabulous disaster" vibe to him, he's fun to watch but it can fall apart at any second.

He’s pretty much another Johnny Walker with a slightly better chin

His defense needs some work. Id like to see more of his ground game as well.

205 is so wild & crazy I wish we could get a tournament. Rumble coming back, Jiri, Rakic, Santos, Reyes, & of course the champ Jan. Ankalaev on the come up too.
Makes me shake my head when people pretend LHW isn't good anymore. That's as good as any division top 6, also Israel moving up. Glover s old but he's still got good fights left.

Is this the dude who grabs his wrist every time before he throws a strike? Worst tell since Malkovich in Rounders.

<{CMPALM}>

He’s very very exciting to watch which I appreciate but yeh like others have said he’s willing to eat way too many shots & his chin doesn’t seem up for the task.

still think he can get some fun wins though

Rakic ducked Jiri

Jiri > Rakic

He did seem to be affected by some of the shots but I wouldn't say rocked. Ozdemir is one of the best in the division so we'll see. If he beat Reyes I think he deserves a title shot but it's hard not to think he's going to get KO'd when he puts his chin out. Either way he's really fun to watch so even if he doesn't clean up his game I'll always be excited for his fights.

Imagine not being impressed by that really tough UFC debut... You have to add every show he's had in Rizin too, then it's hard to claim that he's a nobody.
If you're thinking about defence only then it's obvious he is flawed. What makes him impressive is the ability to take damage and keep coming forward.

He got rocked and stunned 3 or 4 times in his fight against Volkan. Yeah, he did KO volkan but He was very hittable and vulnerable in that fight. Rakic would butcher his legs with 4 or 5 leg kicks, then KO him with a high kick.

He would also get destroyed by Jan, one good left hook counter from blachowicz would put him out cold.

He's hitting but he's hard to time and hits back likely harder than you can hit him. I think he'll be champ. Jan isn't this unbeatable beast and really nobody (including Jiri) is. Might be musical chair champ for a while.

huge fan since the start of his Rizin run.

he is a killer who needs to work on his defensive skills but i do think he is championship material. Just look at his win and finish ratio. what is there not to like?

He’s a true warrior, and he’s gonna go out like one in the octagon..

I agree. While the win was still impressive for Jiri, his striking defense did not look good. Felt like he was pressuring way to much that could lead him to being 1 hitted quitted further down the line if he keeps it up. Them guys at LHW can bang too. I think if Jan lands those strikes on Jiri, he won't be able to eat them as well as he did vs Volkan. Really thought Volkan was going to KO him eventually considering how Volkov was landing and Jiri had his hands low.

I really love the Reyes/Jiri fight but hope Reyes can look like he did vs Jon instead of how he was vs Jan. Hopefully this would be a 3 rounder so they won't have to worry about blowing their wad too early.

EDIT: Just rewatched it, and Volkan had his moments of landing some solid punches. Even looked to wobble Jiri a time or two. Dude has got to keep his hands up.

Last edited:
If I was to be given one chip to put on any UFC 205er ( and excluding Jones of course), its be Jiri. There something special about this guy and as he evolves further , he'll learn not to be hit by these shots that would eventually build and be aproblem. I see this guy and I see bad man walking and quite capable of attaining gold in the current UFC205 landscape.

You might want to break the news to Rakic that he'd batter Jiri. Obviously Rakic thinks otherwise...

Basically how I feel about him too. Hes exciting sure... but that type of style where your exciting and have no defense is terrible and is a liability against top guys.

Dudes gonna get knocked out sooner or later. Im betting on the sooner lol

Back