Anyone not impressed with Jiri at all?

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He got rocked and stunned 3 or 4 times in his fight against Volkan. Yeah, he did KO volkan but He was very hittable and vulnerable in that fight. Rakic would butcher his legs with 4 or 5 leg kicks, then KO him with a high kick.

He would also get destroyed by Jan, one good left hook counter from blachowicz would put him out cold.

I was impressed but his style seems a bit chinny, way too much willingness to eat shots.

Volkan did rock him but he is the only guy to sleep Volkan so I'm on the Jiri train. Won't be surprised if he gets caught tho

Meanwhile Rakic actually lost to Volkan. Regardless of what you think about the decision personally he went to a close decision with someone Jiri melted.

Jan isn't some unbeatable knockout machine now lol. Santos starched him and has only had a few LHW fights, he had a bad showing against Jacare, knocked out chinny Anderson and Rockhold. He's definitely improved a lot but he's not some completely different fighter than the guy who was 2-4 in the UFC a couple years ago.

Jiri is a force. He has limits for sure but we don't know where they are yet. He fought kind of dumb against Volkan and still won. Watch some of his other fights, the dude is something. He's what all the dumb Walker bandwagoners thought he was.

Volkan is a good striker no shame in getting hit by him. Nobody has flatlined volkan like that

No, he’s wild and has a glass chin. Big power though, he’s a new Johnny Walker

He’s willing to put himself in the line of fire to deliver his own shots.

I like his action style but definitely can be sniped. It’s just that, this is LHW where you just need to land that 1 shot.

Hands down by his hips while he bounced around doing martial arts poses versus Oezdemir didn't exactly incline me toward visions of him reigning over the division.

He got rocked and stunned 3 or 4 times in his fight against Volkan. Yeah, he did KO volkan but He was very hittable and vulnerable in that fight. Rakic would butcher his legs with 4 or 5 leg kicks, then KO him with a high kick.

He would also get destroyed by Jan, one good left hook counter from blachowicz would put him out cold.
volkan does not rock most guys he ko s them so yes i m very sold on Jiri

He's definitely rough around the edges but 205 is wide open at the moment and Id favour Jiri vs Jan.

I'd favor all of these guys against Jan:
Jiri
Rakic
Ankalaev
Santos
Rumble when he comes back

LHW looking like a shark tank

Yea, he needs to be a bit more compact

This thread needed to be made.

His defense definitely needs some tweaking

Hoping for the absolute best, I find it funny how he spent all fight vs Volcan tapping his chest and his hips around looking OCD

Back