Anyone more violent than Prime Aldo?

munchie

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Was reminiscing the other day about good old prime Jose Aldo, particularly in the WEC, and was wandering if he was the most vicious / violent fighter in top-tier MMA history?

I'm thinking of his performances against Cub Swanson (insane double flying knees to the face), his violent leg kick mauling of a prime Uriah Faber, and other vintage vicious finishes against Perez (WEC 38), Manny Gamburyan (WEC 51), murderous ground and pound against a prime Mike Brown (WEC 44) and Jonathan Brookins (WEC 36), a complete standup annihilation of Chris Mickle (WEC 39) and even that knee to the head against a prime Chad Mendez (UFC 142).

If you look at any one of those finishes I listed, there's a certain violent quality to them that in my mind isn't matched by most fighters. Speed, volume of strikes, aggression, killer instinct. I really feel prime Aldo was the unmatched king of violence.

Wondering if there's anyone better than him at this department? I was thinking maybe a prime Wanderlei Silva, but not sure he had as many quality finishes as Aldo. Thoughts? Is Aldo the kind of violence?

Faber's left leg agrees..

scaled_php.jpg

There's that early fight where he lands many soccer kicks on a ko'd opponent, it really looked like he was going to kill the guy if there was no ref involved. He did not plan on stopping those kicks unless maybe his foot broke, which it may have because he was kicking a skull like a soccer ball.

To answer the question: Two other brazilians come to mind. Wanderlei and Vitor.

Wand
prime Shogun
prime Mirko
Manhoef
Goodridge
Igor
Yvel
Jiri
prime Condit
Luque
Vitor
Rumble
Matt Brown
Lineker
Murr
Stephens
Ortega
Paul Harris
Tony
Gaethje
prime Eddie

Aldo was more educated/calculated violence like like Robbie or Yoel. There were still many fights and moments where he'd not do much and just be too.defensive to be in this discussion

There was once a gym called Chute Boxe. All of those guys were savages: prime roided Wandy in Pride, prime Shogun, young Ninja, young Anderson, Pele, Azeredo, ... all of them were savages and IMO more violent than prime Aldo.

A lot of violence back in the day in Pride, we still miss those days

Mark Kerr shoving his fingers in peoples cuts to open them more was pretty savage.

Second wind Robbie Lawler comes to mind. From the KO of Koscheck to the rematch with Rory it's all pure violence.

BpRa.gif

Back