Anyone live or lived in Thailand?

Fancy making new memories. 2 of my worst ever years happened while I was living here, so sadly it's kind of tainted now. It definitely has its plusses, you can't beat the weather for example and I've met some lovely people. But a lot of horrible life change stuff has happened in the 3.5 years I've been here, time to start a new chapter rather than remembering the past.

Ok, I can understand something like that. it's still a cool thing to chose a spot on earth to start anew, most people only realize they had those options once those options are gone, I think it's very common so even if it's because of bad things that happened something good came out of it. I imagine the ideal would be to get remote work and get a US salary and live like a king over there. I hope it works out with everything, must be plenty of people that you'll meet that made the same move.

Im from Aus. I sold everything I had and moved over here with no job or money and my goal was to bootstrap a business so I could live life without having to work a normal job.

It took a long time and a lot of work, but I'm in a really good spot now. I make enough money to live anywhere on the planet comfortably, but I'm still very happy living in Thailand.

But what is it about Thailand that you stay?

Im from Aus. I sold everything I had and moved over here with no job or money and my goal was to bootstrap a business so I could live life without having to work a normal job.

It took a long time and a lot of work, but I'm in a really good spot now. I make enough money to live anywhere on the planet comfortably, but I'm still very happy living in Thailand.
If you don't mind my asking, what kind of business is it? And are there any restrictions on ownership with you as a foreigner?

I live here. Originally from California too. But have lived here in Thailand almost 3 years now. I will live here permanently.

Lived in Chiang Mai for 2.5 years but live in Hua Hin now. Will stay in HH another year, after that likely move back to Chiang Mai, buy some land and build a house there. Live there for 8 months out of the year and live in Hua Hin or Chumphon for 4 months. Going back and forth each year.

If you’re laid back and adaptable you’ll probably enjoy living here. If you’re more uptight it will probably be a nightmare hah. For me, I love it. So many things are a natural fit for me. It feels like this is where I’m naturally inclined to be.

Having said, I’m a man. Thailand is a Man’s world. Its the opposite of the west. Western woman have a really hard time adjusting here. Especially when it comes to dating. Thai men are not interested in western women. And western men visiting/living in Thailand aren’t either - they are interested in Thai women.

For a woman to enjoy living here long term she usually has to naturally be submissive and feminine. If she’s like that she’ll fit in and find life much easier and will have plenty of dating options.

Last edited:
Back