Anyone liking a bet on Palhares?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by LampShade94, Oct 9, 2013.

1. LampShade94

LampShade94 Brown Belt

I was considering this bet even before the weigh ins. Now that Palhares is probably the most ripped 170 pounder I've ever seen, I think I might throw a bet down. He is currently +220 on 5dimes (bet 100 to win 220).

I know Pierce is a powerhouse, but the size difference will probably be tough for him to deal with. Pierce is a better striker, but I could see him being out-grappled by Palhares.

What do you guys think?

2. AP_RESURRECTION

AP_RESURRECTION Gold Belt

im surprised the line doesnt have palhares as more of an underdog, given the weight change and his inconsistency

3. Spearfish CA

Spearfish CA Silver Belt Platinum Member

Dear God, no. If you want to throw money away, I'll PM you my address. I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

4. MuayThaiBX

MuayThaiBX Black Belt

Palhares has looked terrible lately. He's unable to mount any offense unless the fight involves rolling around playing the leg lock game. If the opponent has decent TDD (which Pierce does) then Palhares looks like a fish out of water without a plan B. And if he gets clipped he immediately folds mentally until he's inevitably finished.

5. theheater

theheater Silver Belt

the problem i have with palhares is he seems mentally out of it. hes just way to unstable to have any confidence in. yeah hes got great athleticism and some vicious bjj but he also climbs out of the cage while the fight is still on or eats a haymaker while talking to the ref

6. Baianada

Baianada Brown Belt

Palhares can beat anyone on any given night. I wouldn't bet against him. But he's too unstable so I'm not betting on him either.

7. LampShade94

LampShade94 Brown Belt

Good posts. Thank you for the help. I haven't made the bet yet. Will probably hold out to see if the line gets any better

8. ISpeakNow

ISpeakNow White Belt

^That. Tremendous athlete, great skills- he recently changed camps, so it will be interesting to see if this has an affect or not.

9. Jawth

Jawth Silver Belt

This is as close to a lock as you can get in MMA in favor of Pierce IMO.

Mike is just going to wall and stall Rousimar until he gasses and then TKO him.

10. Spearfish CA

Spearfish CA Silver Belt Platinum Member

I can promise you the line will get "better" but I still wouldn't throw my money away... I wouldn't bet Palhares on this fight unless he was +800 or better.
    not gonna happen

If you want to make a goofy bet on Palhares pick a prop bet BESIDES by sub. I mean if you're going to go longshot, underdog bet, at least go balls out. See what the line is on him by decision and hope Palhares wins a stall-against-the-cage battle.

11. Rainmaker

Rainmaker Purple Belt

Fight doesn't go the distance prop bet is a better safer bet with odds around -210. Palhares has best leg locks in the game and is a monster with the power, but Pierce is smart and extremely durable. Unless he gets leg locked, I think he'll get a tko victory over Palhares. Not much reward though.

12. Mikeyz

Mikeyz Silver Belt

I heard he has cutting weight and rehydrating himself down to a science and that he can gain all that weight back in less then 24 hours

13. Spath

Spath Brown Belt

[​IMG]

That doesn't look like a fish out of water. But yes, he hasn't looked great lately and I give you that. I just think that Palhares is a dangerous opponent and shouldn't be taken lightly. Pierce needs to fight a good fight and fight smart. One mistake in the cage could cost him an arm and/or a leg.

14. DarthChen731

DarthChen731 Gold Belt

15. Sega30

Sega30 Blue Belt

I would avoid this fight all together. It's a huge fight for both guys; Palhares trying to prove he's still an elite fighter, and Pierce trying to get off facebook cards and get the top 10 fights he deserves. We've also never seen Palhares at WW, so we don't know what he can do or how much the cut will effect him. Personally, i see it going 2 ways: Piercce grinds out a UD or TKO's an exhausted Palhares in the 3rd, or Palhares taking home a limb in the first.

16. Lavitz

Lavitz It’s Showtime!

If Pierce comes out to Eminem, he may be in trouble.

17. Duxtape

Duxtape Black Belt

I think people in this topic overrating Pierce.

18. Arn

Arn I Drive Platinum Member

No, he looked dead at the weigh-ins.

19. 315MMAFighter

315MMAFighter MąïȚře Đë Đəğåť§ - Pure Dominican Platinum Member

something tells me Peirce might flatten Rous

20. LampShade94

LampShade94 Brown Belt

Yeah... I have a feeling Palhares is going to come walking out looking like he's still at 185. He looked fucking enormous at the weigh ins. But that type of dehydration could take it's toll. He was looking like he was going to faint. Can be tough to recover from that.