Anyone like the band Ghost?

I've heard a few songs of theirs on Sirius. Had never heard of them and usually skip to the next station. They just sound boring.
Depends on your musical preferences I guess but they are are an 8 piece band. I wouldn't call them boring by any stretch of the imagination but I understand completely how they just aren't some peoples cup of tea.

They're pretty popular. Rats had the longest run at #1 on billboard for a metal song in 2018. Loudwire named Tobias Forge metal artist of the year. Metallica even warms up by playing covers of ghost.

Not to mention Ghost is probably on the lower rungs of real "weirdos" in the metal world.
UP here in Oakland no one listens to that tard shit. We got a very strong metal scene up here and I’ve never seen a t shirt or anything.

UP here in Oakland no one listens to that tard shit. We got a very strong metal scene up here and I’ve never seen a t shirt or anything.
Hey I get it you don't like Ghost and don't consider them metal. That's all good bro.

Btw I don't known how close LA is to Oakland but that building looks pretty full.

I'm on the fence. I like a few songs. I think their stage shown is actually pretty entertaining. My brother in law on the other hand lives for this band right now. He wants to go to a concert 2.5 hours away and after weeks of pestering and him promising to pay for everything I agreed to go and drive him.

Turns out he bought us vip access tickets and spent about $750 on 2 tickets. We get to meet the band, autographed pictures and lots of other swagg. We get a dedicated tour guide/attendant all night and private security. I might be missing a few other things.

Anyways back to the question but does anyone here like them? Should I be in for a crazy time? I'll have fun I'm sure but it's weird but I'm not excited at all.
Im on the fence too. I think they are overhyped due to the cult/religious gimmick they have going on. Strip them of their look, and they are nothing more than an average band you would hear in Hot Topic.

Im on the fence too. I think they are overhyped due to the cult/religious gimmick they have going on. Strip them of their look, and they are nothing more than an average band you would hear in Hot Topic.

Yeah, strip any band/artist of part of the whole package, and they wouldn't be as succesful. Obviously Ghost is part gimmick - but it's a fine balance between being a gimmick solely and making the gimmick be part of your artistic expression, which Ghost has been mastering to almost perfection.

I find them to be anything but average. They do not sound like anything on the radio and they cover a lot of different styles of music. Understandable you wouldn't know this.

Music does very little for me. Their whole shtick might be kinda fun but that's not why I'm listening to your music so...

I love them, great band. Going to see them myself next year. I don't like most modern metal but they are unique, something old school about them

Music does very little for me. Their whole shtick might be kinda fun but that's not why I'm listening to your music so...
I'm the opposite. I like the music but don't care much for the gimmick. I'm not into the dress up thing but my wife, daughter and bro-in-law are. It's not for me but it's fun to watch them having fun.

Great music, great band and great costumes. I grew up loving the Beach Boys, Deep Purple, King Diamond and Type O Negative and I seem to have found a band that has put that all together.

Cheap Blue Oyster Cult 70s rock rip-off with spoooooky costumes. Heard the singer's a bit of a cunt and screwed his former band members out of a lot of money.

Repugnant was better anyways.
Funny that you mention BOC...

To answer TS, yeah, I like some of their stuff but not enough to actually buy anything.

Hey I get it you don't like Ghost and don't consider them metal. That's all good bro.

Btw I don't known how close LA is to Oakland but that building looks pretty full.

Lol at comparing the LA scene to the Oakland.

Lol at comparing the LA scene to the Oakland.
2qwbv3.jpg

I'm not super into them but I respect what they do. They are way more talented than your average popular music group.

Back