Anyone know this choke?

kuristus

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Starts setting it up at about 5:20. I think it's a gi-based brabo choke of some sort, but I'm wondering specifically about what grips he's getting. I'm not sure if he's even pulling the lapel out of the guy's belt or not.

Anyone know/do this choke? Looks sweet.

Collar choke from side, i've also heard it called a clock choke.

looked like after he passed guard and the guy in the yellow went back to turtle, the guy in blue fed yellow's right lapel pretty far down, almost to the corner, into his left hand. There was enough slack in it to wrap all the way around his neck and choke the opposite side, and he pushed yellow's shoulder down just to finish. Seem likely it was the gi or blue's forearm doing the choke.

Go to youtube, Mike Fowler does it on his dvd set. It's most ofter done from the closed guard. A series of three skirt chokes. Barvo, cross choke, and armbar.

Youtube might have it under skirt / lapel chokes from the guard. From there you can see the application from side control.

looked like after he passed guard and the guy in the yellow went back to turtle, the guy in blue fed yellow's right lapel pretty far down, almost to the corner, into his left hand. There was enough slack in it to wrap all the way around his neck and choke the opposite side, and he pushed yellow's shoulder down just to finish. Seem likely it was the gi or blue's forearm doing the choke.

Yeah, after rewatching a bunch of times, looks like he just grabs a chunk of gi low down near the belt. He doesn't even take the collar material...seems like crazy grip strength.

Go to youtube, Mike Fowler does it on his dvd set. It's most ofter done from the closed guard. A series of three skirt chokes. Barvo, cross choke, and armbar.

Youtube might have it under skirt / lapel chokes from the guard. From there you can see the application from side control.

Thanks! I found some related stuff off of "skirt choke."

Back