anyone know the monthly prices at serra jitsu?

before I trained with Renzo (who is obvisoulsy phenomonal) I trained at alliance in Hoboken under a brown who was under Clemente. Small classes and great prices, but you just can't beat training with Renzo Rolles Junior and Igor Gracie...period. Best instruction in NYC

thaiking said:
he never upgraded his site. He is running a special for 180 month, he also negociates, trust me it is 180. His classes are real small no more than 10 people in a class plus he has another BB with him in class helping out. The place is awesome
Sounds like an awesome school.

infamous mattyd said:
before I trained with Renzo (who is obvisoulsy phenomonal) I trained at alliance in Hoboken under a brown who was under Clemente. Small classes and great prices, but you just can't beat training with Renzo Rolles Junior and Igor Gracie...period. Best instruction in NYC
still being taught by clemente in a small class and paying almost two time less for unlimited training then at renzos is good stuff.

manguy said:
still being taught by clemente in a small class and paying almost two time less for unlimited training then at renzos is good stuff.
where are you getting your info on Renzo's prices?

manguy said:
o ok. do i have to sign a one year contract or anythen. now when u say negotiates u think i can lower the price? do u train there currently?
I plan to go there after the new year, I searched all over NYC and ask many questions on here and other forums and only got good feedback about him. You could possibly negociate a price with him. I got him down to 180 month to month no contract, it all depends on how good of a negociater you are. Maybe I could of done bettr or maybe not i am happy with the price i got out of him compared to other schools, Renzo 250 unlimited and pretty much everyone else so I felt 180 no contact was a good deal at least for NYC considering it is 14 hrs. training a week.

Renzo is a awsome school, but his classes are too big, price is ridiculously expenive and classes have been cut to one hour. I am sure it is still a great gym, but I like the small atmosphere at Alliance feels more personal.

machado from what I hear is not much of a gym, almost everyone I talked to had nothing good to say about them, I don't know nevr went down to check it out.

there is a SBGi at figh house they charge 130 month but I not into paying a purple belt more than 130 bucks a month to train especially if all it cost is 50 more to train at Alliance.

The main reason I like Alliance is small atmosphere, 2BB trainers per class, awesome semnars throughout the year, they offer if you ike yoga and muay thai, if your a beginner in Muay Thai there program is great if you have trained like I have in it then it's not worth your time. Good loation 14 st. 3 ave.

here in brooklyn there is a renzo BB charging 220 month whith is ridiculous especially for the fact he has a purple belt teaching his classes, plus you have to sign contract.

thaiking said:
I plan to go there after the new year, I searched all over NYC and ask many questions on here and other forums and only got good feedback about him. You could possibly negociate a price with him. I got him down to 180 month to month no contract, it all depends on how good of a negociater you are. Maybe I could of done bettr or maybe not i am happy with the price i got out of him compared to other schools, Renzo 250 unlimited and pretty much everyone else so I felt 180 no contact was a good deal at least for NYC considering it is 14 hrs. training a week.

Renzo is a awsome school, but his classes are too big, price is ridiculously expenive and classes have been cut to one hour. I am sure it is still a great gym, but I like the small atmosphere at Alliance feels more personal.

machado from what I hear is not much of a gym, almost everyone I talked to had nothing good to say about them, I don't know nevr went down to check it out.

there is a SBGi at figh house they charge 130 month but I not into paying a purple belt more than 130 bucks a month to train especially if all it cost is 50 more to train at Alliance.

The main reason I like Alliance is small atmosphere, 2BB trainers per class, awesome semnars throughout the year, they offer if you ike yoga and muay thai, if your a beginner in Muay Thai there program is great if you have trained like I have in it then it's not worth your time. Good loation 14 st. 3 ave.

here in brooklyn there is a renzo BB charging 220 month whith is ridiculous especially for the fact he has a purple belt teaching his classes, plus you have to sign contract.
cool yea im thinken of signen up for clemente like this week or next week. did u negotiate with him or someone else there. yea the price is damm good for nyc and th efact that the classes are small is really good. do u know how the classes there are organized and all how much time is spent rolling and etc.

manguy said:
cool yea im thinken of signen up for clemente like this week or next week. did u negotiate with him or someone else there. yea the price is damm good for nyc and th efact that the classes are small is really good. do u know how the classes there are organized and all how much time is spent rolling and etc.
i talked with clemente, When I visited the school, they seemed to roll a lot. Like I said I plan after new yea to sign up and then hopefully find a cheap boxing gym around if i can

thaiking said:

that's insane.

flyingknee16 said:
that's insane.
Yea I was disapointed when I heard the price, that is when I dcided to get my lazy ass to the city

I pay 180 for unlimited to get lessons from 4 Gracie's, Gordinho, and Magno Gama (Excellent Brown Belt). This is training at Renzo's of course. But then again, I do understand if you dont like the fact so many people attend the white belt classes. I personally havent had any trouble since if I need help I'll just say so but sometimes I see some guys completely lost.

thaiking said:
i talked with clemente, When I visited the school, they seemed to roll a lot. Like I said I plan after new yea to sign up and then hopefully find a cheap boxing gym around if i can
do they offer like a free intro class or somethen? hey can u pm me ur aim screename it would be easier to talk and get info about the place

manguy said:
do they offer like a free intro class or somethen? hey can u pm me ur aim screename it would be easier to talk and get info about the place
you got mail

I used to train at Serra's and I liked it better than being at Renzo's now. I like Renzo's, but Serra's is cheaper, less crowded, has longer classes, and you get more face time with Matt and Nick than you do with Renzo, Igor, Rolles, etc. You can always hang out there and roll for a while after class is done if you are interested. I highly recommend both schools, but if you can, check out Serra's. Oh, by the way, the contract is through Joe Scarola. Matt and Nick don't really handle the finances.

JudgeIto said:
I used to train at Serra's and I liked it better than being at Renzo's now. I like Renzo's, but Serra's is cheaper, less crowded, has longer classes, and you get more face time with Matt and Nick than you do with Renzo, Igor, Rolles, etc. You can always hang out there and roll for a while after class is done if you are interested. I highly recommend both schools, but if you can, check out Serra's. Oh, by the way, the contract is through Joe Scarola. Matt and Nick don't really handle the finances.
yea i think im going to go to clemente. same price as serras small classes and i hear a lot of good stufff. plus its closer. im in queens hopefully the traffic wont be too bad when ill be goen.

Igor Gracie and Rolles Gracie teach all the classes with the help of either Gregor (the dude who dominated Fowler after recently getting his brown), Magno, or Ze. I agree that the white belt classes don't get much facetime with Renzo as he usually teaches the more advanced classes. There's a reason why Renzo students usually top every competition on the east coast.

6 Black belt instructors
2 brown belt instructors

And lets not forget the black belts who train there everyday and are open when someone needs help.

I've only been there for 11 months and have asked the instructors for help even when they are off and they still take the time out to help me.

But then again, I am a biased white belt. I can only back my school up through tournaments which is why I'll be attending every one on the East. :p

I can't disagree about renzo's reputation, but one has to admit as a beginner in grappling the more personal attention or smaller classes there are really benefits the stuents. A class of 40 people rolling is not my way of receiving quality instruction. Renzo is a lot better for the more experianced grappler who can attend the purple or brn classes where the attention is much more intense and renzo seems to teach a lot more of.

thaiking said:
I can't disagree about renzo's reputation, but one has to admit as a beginner in grappling the more personal attention or smaller classes there are really benefits the stuents. A class of 40 people rolling is not my way of receiving quality instruction. Renzo is a lot better for the more experianced grappler who can attend the purple or brn classes where the attention is much more intense and renzo seems to teach a lot more of.
Yeah. When I first joined the most in a class was like 10 people. Over the summer when my hand broke there was just a huge increase of people joining. Now sometimes it gets too crowded to even get a good spot to roll.

I honestly feel that Alliance in NYC has the best program going!!! For the fact that the head of the school is not so interested in how many students he signs up but more into the quality of his program. He is having a seminar where he is bringing Marcelo Garcia, another gym would pack 50 or more people into this seminar, he is allowing only 15 students so everyone is receiving the attention they deserve. Smaller the better, I better keep my mouth shut he might fill his gym up too if i keep talking lol

thaiking said:
I honestly feel that Alliance in NYC has the best program going!!! For the fact that the head of the school is not so interested in how many students he signs up but more into the quality of his program. He is having a seminar where he is bringing Marcelo Garcia, another gym would pack 50 or more people into this seminar, he is allowing only 15 students so everyone is receiving the attention they deserve. Smaller the better, I better keep my mouth shut he might fill his gym up too if i keep talking lol
i hope ur right cause i think that i will definetly sign up.

Back