Anyone know of any good gyms here on Oahu in Hawaii?

M

malkodude503

Me and couple of my buddies we all used to train martial arts/wrestling in school and were wondering if anyone knew of some good gyms to train at. We're not trying to become UFC fighters just a place to practice something we love doing. I've been to a couple gyms but I felt they weren't serious enough for what we were looking for?

First, What gyms have you gone too?...To you question: Oahu is full of good gyms but I dont know of any in Kaneohe as I rarely go down there, but in Honolulu I would say the top 2 choices with a well rounded choice of training that closer to you would be 1) Chris Leben's Ultimate Fight School 2) HMC(Hawaii Martial Arts Academy) in Kalihi. HMC in my opinion is the best school on the island. Jiu Jitsu is with Nova Uniao Black Belt Lyandro Nyza. Kickboxing is with Haru Shimanishi, trainer of multiple world kickboxing champions i.e. Maurice Smith and trainer of 2008 Judo Olympic Gold Medalist Satoshi Ishii. Ishii could have went anywhere in the world to get his striking on point and he chose to learn from Haru, just saying. MMA is handled by David Yueng aka Chinaman. Team Chinaman is IMO the best fight team on the island. Super technical guys and numerous amatuer MMA champs, quality pros and future pro MMA Champs. HMC is the place to be for the top notch quality training.

1st I want to say thank you. 2nd I went to a couple of the military run gyms out here in kailua. I thought about checking out the gracie gym but your definitely giving me options this is much appreciated.

Back