1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Anyone in the Pittsburgh area do Muay Thai?

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Klondike145, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Klondike145

Klondike145 Yellow Belt

I've been looking around at different schools around here and I've decided I'd rather do MT than jujitsu.

This is pretty much the closest/best looking place I could find, Khaay Muay Sit-Kangmongkorn

Pittsburgh Muay Thai

Has anyone from the Pittsburgh area ever been/trained here before?

2. gotobread

gotobread Purple Belt

There was a very similar thread a couple of months ago: a guy from Pittsburgh looking for a place to try muay Thai.

While I've never personally trained there, I can vouch for Pittsburgh muay Thai.

3. Lead

Lead /Led/ Staff Member Senior Moderator

Not sure if this is the same place but look up team balance. They train BJJ and Judo but they also are partnered with a Muay Thai school and you can get a discount by doing them combined.

Can't say if their gym is good but on the BJJ and Judo end, those guys are legit. The guy who runs it is Jimmy Cerra. You should shoot him an email. His name on here is Jimmy Cerra

4. Klondike145

Klondike145 Yellow Belt

Yeah that thread your talking about was probably mine lol. I've been bouncing between MT and BJJ for a while but I had to wait till last weekend for a couple personal things to be settled till I could begin really decide, and I chose MT.

PMT looks pretty good from what I've seen, I plan on emailing them this week for some info.

5. Ryukyu Damashi

Ryukyu Damashi Ryukyu Damashi

Pittsburgh Muay Thai is one of the top Muay Thai gyms in the US. If I lived in Pittsburgh, I would train there.

Authentic Muay Thai.