anyone in the Pacific North West going to the Revolution tournament?

LOL, no way!!!!!!? I didn't see it as the BB adults were on at the same time as the white belt 6yr olds.:icon_chee

I know they had a shortage of refs tho. How was the timing and flow on the lower mats (adults).

I liked how they staggered everything this year.

The event seemed very well organized and on-time.

This may sound wrong, but I wanted to defend a triangle that way and decided not to and let the guy down easy with me tapping. I really regret it because he ended up triangle me later in the finals match. Had I slammed him rampage style the first time he surely would not have been able to continue. It can be a great stagedy if you know your going to loss anyway.

That doesn't make any sense at all. If you get DQ'ed you don't get any more matches, you're done for the day.

This may sound wrong, but I wanted to defend a triangle that way and decided not to and let the guy down easy with me tapping. I really regret it because he ended up triangle me later in the finals match. Had I slammed him rampage style the first time he surely would not have been able to continue. It can be a great stagedy if you know your going to loss anyway.

Don't ever fvcking do that dumbass!!!!!! This is a sport, not worth crippling someone because your triangle defense is sh!t!!!!

Don't ever fvcking do that dumbass!!!!!! This is a sport, not worth crippling someone because your triangle defense is sh!t!!!!
that never cripples anyone but white belts. Everyone knows to tuck there chin in right in any case there should always be that fear in the back off your mind that someone will slam you out of a triangle or armbar. Some of my takedowns are far worse for your neck then any triangle slam out there.

i was out with a neck inury so i didnt compete this time.

did anyone see that black belt slam the guy from triangle like rampage!?

Because, if it was in Seattle it would be a Gracie Barra event and a huge disadvantage to competitiors, who didn't have their teammates reffing the matches.

haha your so clueless, its the same refs every event bro. GB acually does jeff a favor by adding so many black belts to ref...

today, there were 7 gracie barra refs, and they ref your matches as a favor, and end up not being able to coach their own guys.

that never cripples anyone but white belts. Everyone knows to tuck there chin in right

Yup only a total white belt would get demolished by that move..............you're a bit clueless arn't you?

How about you just learn some damn triangle defense? You said the same guy caught you twice today?:redface:

Last edited:
that never cripples anyone but white belts. Everyone knows to tuck there chin in right in any case there should always be that fear in the back off your mind that someone will slam you out of a triangle or armbar. Some of my takedowns are far worse for your neck then any triangle slam out there.

Do you actually think before you write such crap?

tucking you chin in does NOT save your neck in case the guy decides to drop you in your neck/head.

How can your TKD be far worst for the neck than a slam?

Do you drop them on their head as well? like a spear tackle.

Do you actually think before you write such crap?

tucking you chin in does NOT save your neck in case the guy decides to drop you in your neck/head.

How can your TKD be far worst for the neck than a slam?

Do you drop them on their head as well? like a spear tackle.

single leg takedown you lift up the leg just to the point where there almost off the ground and then you kick there leg out at the same time you swing the leg you have controled. The timing has to be perfect but if you swing there hips out far enough they fall on there head, or even better post there arm and get it broken. I like to lay heavy on a guy while there going to the ground to put more weight on them.

single leg takedown you lift up the leg just to the point where there almost off the ground and then you kick there leg out at the same time you swing the leg you have controled. The timing has to be perfect but if you swing there hips out far enough they fall on there head, or even better post there arm and get it broken. I like to lay heavy on a guy while there going to the ground to put more weight on them.

I got a separated shoulder from being taken down that way once.

And regarding the triangle slam yesterday, someone standing next to me said "How the fuck do you not know that's illegal if you're a black belt?"

I said "He knows it's illegal, he did it on purpose so he wouldn't have to tap"

where do you train perfect balance, and what bracket are you in. i hope i get the oppurtunity to pull guard on you and light you up like a fucking christmas tree.

your the reason alot of wrestlers get a bad rap

I went, didnt compete. Only been training 2 months. Just supporting the team. I showed up a little late and left a little early, and was still there for over 9 hours. Very long day, but fun.

that slam during the black belt match was ridiculous, I believe that guy went on to ref after that lol.

how did everyone do? My team (straight blast gym) ended up getting 5 gold medals out of 9 competitors. I got gold in 194 and below purple belt. I thought the tournament was ran fairly well, it seemed to start to get behind schedule when the larger white and blue belt brackets started.

Was a well run but very long tournament... Did purple belt gi and advanced no gi as well as coaching 6 other guys...I'm completely exhausted today

This event was really well organized compared to many other events I've attended. I love weigh-in right before going on the mat, and I like that they have a pretty strict (and reasonably accurate) time based schedule instead of "show up at 930 and wait until your division is called".

The only gripes, relatively minor though:

- couldn't understand the loudspeaker most of the time. Saw several people almost DQed because they didn't get to the scale on time until someone overheard a "final call".

- current time not visible on the timekeeper's desk

- inattentive refs or timekeepers, many times chatting or looking away while the ref is trying to score

- there was an argument about whether a submission was a neck crank or guillotine, and instead of clearing the mat and letting more competitors on while they sorted it out, they stalled the mat for 20 minutes while waiting for the head guy to come down and sort it out

Other than that, it was surprisingly well run and a reasonable price.

Nice to see Hermes Franca walking around too, he seemed really cool.

I got a separated shoulder from being taken down that way once.

And regarding the triangle slam yesterday, someone standing next to me said "How the fuck do you not know that's illegal if you're a black belt?"

I said "He knows it's illegal, he did it on purpose so he wouldn't have to tap"

I was told Rodrigo was ready to go primal for a second.

Absolute stupid for a black belt to pull a triangle slam.

I thought it was a great event. Best so far. But I felt bad because the mat I was on two guys where fighting out of a triangle arm bar series on the edge of the mat and a coach yelled "He Tapped" when it was clearly not a tap. But both fighters where going for a triangle .... they both sat up and looked at each other.

You cant start them back in the same position. So the man with the sub got awarded two points started in mount and still lost on points. If his coach would have said nothing I am sure he would have easily won the match by sub.

Not that is really has much to do with the tourney but there where nice booths set up selling gear also, and the place is always real clean.

Very Very efficient tournament.

Back