anyone in the Pacific North West going to the Revolution tournament?

ttt

It would be cool to see some sherdoggers there.

I haven't signed up yet. I'm planning to, but I need another week or so to figure out where my weight is gonna be at. And where the hell is Bonney Lake? Why can't they just have these things in Seattle? Especially sucks for you if you have to drive all the way down from Everett, man...

^there is a sizable amount of competitors from Portland/SW WA.

ill be up there battling along with 7-8 of my team..

nice user name rich like that sh*ts not obvious ha ha

I haven't signed up yet. I'm planning to, but I need another week or so to figure out where my weight is gonna be at. And where the hell is Bonney Lake? Why can't they just have these things in Seattle? Especially sucks for you if you have to drive all the way down from Everett, man...

Because, if it was in Seattle it would be a Gracie Barra event and a huge disadvantage to competitiors, who didn't have their teammates reffing the matches.

Because, if it was in Seattle it would be a Gracie Barra event and a huge disadvantage to competitiors, who didn't have their teammates reffing the matches.

LOL, that's hilarious. I actually go through another school in the Seattle and know this well.

Yeah, so... just another reason why I want it to be in Seattle--because I train at Barra. :icon_chee

mabjj-239x300.jpg

what age and weight is your kid? I am considering doing this.

he is 6yrs old about 44lbs i think. There is some video of him i just put up in the teaching kids BJJ thread in here. It is a pretty chill tourny, but if its his first one maybe bring him to watch and then sign him up for a less big tourny. The lady who teaches my son Cindy Hales will be putting on a kids only BJJ tourny soon and its a very fun, chill environment there.

Here is a link to my Youtube account, there are 20 something vids in there from the last tourny she did for GB Seattle (she is on her own now) and you can see the level of skill and the very chill environment she keeps. I would suggest doing Cindy's "fun tourny" first as its less kids, less aggresion, etc. but is a great way to introduce him to grappling other kids without the agro parents and whatnot. Revolution is a great tourny for kids also, but its an actual tournament if you know what i mean.

Let me know if you want more info on the "fun tourny" Cindy will be putting on for kids soon.

videos from last kids only tourny.
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Ill be competing in the purple belt medium division. I'm bringing about 9 to 10 others from my team (as of right now, im hoping nobody backs out). White, blue and purple bets. Can't wait to compete again and looking forward to this tournament.

I fought in the Teens White Belt Gi and Beginner No Gi,
competition was fierce! I gave it my all but I just took this as a learning experience. (First tournament).

I also didn't have my coach available, Good Job to all the participants who read this!

I fought in the Teens White Belt Gi and Beginner No Gi,
competition was fierce! I gave it my all but I just took this as a learning experience. (First tournament).

I also didn't have my coach available, Good Job to all the participants who read this!

Great job for competing!!!! Sucks your coach wasn't available, but just competing is a big step and getting on the mat and "experiencing" it! Its funny, but thats how you get "experience", ya dig!

Yeah, i was overly impressed with all the competitors there today, a very smoothly run tournament for sure.

Congrats on getting on the mat and putting yourself out there. It only gets easier from here!!

Anyone else see that slam during one of the black belt matches? Our guy Carlos put his opponent in a triangle and then the guy lifted him up and completely powerbombed him. After getting DQ'ed, this guy goes and takes his gi off and puts his "Referee" shirt on and proceeds to ref matches. Unbelievable.

Anyone else see that slam during one of the black belt matches? Our guy Carlos put his opponent in a triangle and then the guy lifted him up and completely powerbombed him. After getting DQ'ed, this guy goes and takes his gi off and puts his "Referee" shirt on and proceeds to ref matches. Unbelievable.

LOL, no way!!!!!!? I didn't see it as the BB adults were on at the same time as the white belt 6yr olds.:icon_chee

I know they had a shortage of refs tho. How was the timing and flow on the lower mats (adults).

I liked how they staggered everything this year.

This may sound wrong, but I wanted to defend a triangle that way and decided not to and let the guy down easy with me tapping. I really regret it because he ended up triangle me later in the finals match. Had I slammed him rampage style the first time he surely would not have been able to continue. It can be a great stagedy if you know your going to loss anyway.

Back