Anyone here train at the UofT Athletic Centre?

PerfectlyInsane

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm looking for a gym with bumper plates and this one seems like the only one Downtown that has them. Can anyone that trains there give me a little review of it? Is it powerlifting friendly? Do they allow chalk there or no?

I'm looking for a gym with bumper plates and this one seems like the only one Downtown that has them. Can anyone that trains there give me a little review of it? Is it powerlifting friendly? Do they allow chalk there or no?

You may be surprised to know that UofT is not a particularly unique abbreviation.

University Of Texas?
University of Tenessee?
University of Timpanogos?
University of Toronto?

You may be surprised to know that UofT is not a particularly unique abbreviation.

University Of Texas?
University of Tenessee?
University of Timpanogos?
University of Toronto?

Texas is UT, Tennessee is also UT.

Pretty sure he's talking about Toronto.

I've been there and yes there are bumper plates, platforms, allow chalk etc. Powerlifting friendly? I don't know what that means.

However if you could get yourself down to the Mississauga campus you would find this:

high%20performance%20centre.jpg

Yes I meant University of Toronto.

Thanks for the info milano. Do you know if I get a membership Downtown, can I use that at the UTM location as well?

That picture looks AMAZING! I'd love to make UTM my main gym but it's a little far for me to travel.

Well it's probably too late now, but if you had gone to the U of A, you'd have access to a great gym. Not as much room as the one in that picture, but even better equipment.

Well you should be able to use all of their gyms, students are allowed to. I don't think its any different for the general public

Well it's probably too late now, but if you had gone to the U of A, you'd have access to a great gym. Not as much room as the one in that picture, but even better equipment.

That's just a picture of the platforms and racks, there's alot more equipment in that gym.

That's just a picture of the platforms and racks, there's alot more equipment in that gym.

Well, let's not get into which gym is better (although I'm pretty sure the U of A gym is).

Justin_Time does. Some S&C members meetup there sometimes. Yes, they allow chalk and even have it there ready to use. Everything about the gym is good except it's very busy and the benches suck (far too low to the ground.)

Justin_Time does. Some S&C members meetup there sometimes. Yes, they allow chalk and even have it there ready to use. Everything about the gym is good except it's very busy and the benches suck (far too low to the ground.)

Yeah a few of us have met up there. Also they have this annoying women's hour thing from 4-5 or something which is dumb. It is good otherwise and they have a tonne of oly platforms. I agree about the benches though. They're annoyingly low but I'm sure one could get used to it.

I've trained there. It's great. Just watch out for women's hour.

Back