Anyone here more excited about Cejudo comeback than Conor or Khabib?

Cejudo's "retirement" has got to be the least - believed, least talked about retirement ever. <{outtahere}>
It's like that Paulie Shore movie where he tried to fake his own death and, well, no one really cared.
<Dany07>

You sound like a hater ! He's one of the most exciting fighters in the lower divisions. He is one of the top athletes in all the UFC . He has better credentials than most fighters.
I do hate cringey try hards. He was gifted the Fly W belt as he lost that fight to DJ yet incompetent judging stole it for him.

He wears a crown and talks silly shit talk. He is basically the midget cross clone of McGregor, Colby and Mini Me.

I find nothing exciting about fighters who hold up divisions and walk away without defending and then call for select fights that are not warranted. Volk has lots of actual FWs to defend against and Cejudo never defended Fly Weight against an actual Fly Weight contender. He never defended BW against a top BW contender. He walked away and keeps trying to get a FW title shot.

Sorry but he can't be one of the most exciting fighters or top athletes in the UFC. Do you know why?

He is retired and nobody but you cares.

I do hate cringey try hards. He was gifted the Fly W belt as he lost that fight to DJ yet incompetent judging stole it for him.

He wears a crown and talks silly shit talk. He is basically the midget cross clone of McGregor, Colby and Mini Me.

I find nothing exciting about fighters who hold up divisions and walk away without defending and then call for select fights that are not warranted. Volk has lots of actual FWs to defend against and Cejudo never defended Fly Weight against an actual Fly Weight contender. He never defended BW against a top BW contender. He walked away and keeps trying to get a FW title shot.

Sorry but he can't be one of the most exciting fighters or top athletes in the UFC. Do you know why?

He is retired and nobody but you cares.

His Olympic gold I'm wrestling is more impressive than anything anyone won in the UFC my guy. Deal with it.

I certainly am because I think Khabib is done at least for a while, and I don't really care for Conor who fights Cowboy and tries to fight the likes of Diego. Cejudo is one of the absolute most skilled and versatile fighters ever so he's one of the fighters I want to watch the most, it's a shame others aren't excited. Most people even here care more about a fighter's social media posts than their actual fights.

giphy.webp

Theres only one FW king i'd be excited about returning.
giphy.gif
Moving up to BW would have solidified his greatness even more

The main critique is that as dominant as he was the FLYW division wasnt as deep as BW or FW etc.

The guy literally cleaned out the FLYW division s much so that the ufc had to create an ultimate fighter season to find a opponent for his title defence. Hope he does well in ONE

Triple manlet doesn't interest me at all

Moving up to BW would have solidified his greatness even more

The main critique is that as dominant as he was the FLYW division wasnt as deep as BW or FW etc.

The guy literally cleaned out the FLYW division s much so that the ufc had to create an ultimate fighter season to find a opponent for his title defence. Hope he does well in ONE
As much as I love DJ, his style was never suited for BW imo, would have had to have changed a lot about his game. Though saying that, I heard he never really took his training seriously and was basically only training part time until one of the McCall fights, which is pretty nuts.

As much as I love DJ, his style was never suited for BW imo, would have had to have changed a lot about his game. Though saying that, I heard he never really took his training seriously and was basically only training part time until one of the McCall fights, which is pretty nuts.
Its not uncommon to find fighters who have to work other jobs while being a UFC fighter.

Theres still a lot of UFC fighters im sure who work 2 jobs.
The vast majority of UFC fighters arent making that 6 figure payment per fight that only the 0.5% of fighters earn or something like that

Its not uncommon to find fighters who have to work other jobs while being a UFC fighter.

Theres still a lot of UFC fighters im sure who work 2 jobs.
The vast majority of UFC fighters arent making that 6 figure payment per fight that only the 0.5% of fighters earn or something like that

Oh yeah absolutely, but a lot still train every day, or almost everyday to some degree, especially now a days. I think he said he was only training anything at all 2 days a week... Fighting Dom Cruz for the belt with only 2 training sessions a week sounds like an impossible task.. You're totally right though.

EDIT: I'm just wondering if he fought Dom Cruz in 2020, how different it could be.

There is zero doubt in my mind he will get that 3rd belt and become the only Champ Champ Champ Champ in combat sports history

Not interested in the slightest. The guy is not nearly as popular as his fanbase likes to think. That’s why the UFC didn’t give a damn when he retired.

His Olympic gold I'm wrestling is more impressive than anything anyone won in the UFC my guy. Deal with it.
His Olympic medal???? I had no idea he won an Olympic medal. Why hasn't he ever mentioned it???

But in all seriousness an Olympic gold medal is impressive. There are 24 others who have won it before him in his category.

There are some feats in MMA that are more impressive IMO.
1: Frankie Edgar winning the LW title as a BW. His trilogy against Gray Maynard is a Real Life "Rocky" story.

2: GSP's career. Never wrestled in any competitive environment but in MMA he out wrestled numerous D1 wrestlers who had been doing it since childhood. His record 9 consecutive defences of the WW title. Winning the MW title.

3. Fedor's undefeated streak at HW

4. Big Nog defeating Bob Sapp when that meant something.

5. Demetrius Johnson's career. Going 14-1 against fighters in the division above his and earning a title fight against Dom Cruz the BW GOAT to this day. Going 13-1-1 in the UFC Fly Weight division (only loss was a dubious SD to Cejudo) setting a UFC record 11 defences. Perhaps most impressively destroying an Olympic Gold Medalist in a fight in less than 3 minutes.

Putting all the hyperbole aside, I get it: You like Cejudo. But the fact is not many people care about him and his constant attempts to insert himself in fight talk when he is retired is annoying. It doesn't get anyone interested in seeing him fight and he is retired.

Reactions: lsa
His Olympic medal???? I had no idea he won an Olympic medal. Why hasn't he ever mentioned it???

But in all seriousness an Olympic gold medal is impressive. There are 24 others who have won it before him in his category.

There are some feats in MMA that are more impressive IMO.
1: Frankie Edgar winning the LW title as a BW. His trilogy against Gray Maynard is a Real Life "Rocky" story.

2: GSP's career. Never wrestled in any competitive environment but in MMA he out wrestled numerous D1 wrestlers who had been doing it since childhood. His record 9 consecutive defences of the WW title. Winning the MW title.

3. Fedor's undefeated streak at HW

4. Big Nog defeating Bob Sapp when that meant something.

5. Demetrius Johnson's career. Going 14-1 against fighters in the division above his and earning a title fight against Dom Cruz the BW GOAT to this day. Going 13-1-1 in the UFC Fly Weight division (only loss was a dubious SD to Cejudo) setting a UFC record 11 defences. Perhaps most impressively destroying an Olympic Gold Medalist in a fight in less than 3 minutes.

Putting all the hyperbole aside, I get it: You like Cejudo. But the fact is not many people care about him and his constant attempts to insert himself in fight talk when he is retired is annoying. It doesn't get anyone interested in seeing him fight and he is retired.

Nothing in the UFC is compared to winning a gold medal. Especially a gold medal in one of the hardest sports to train and compete in.

You have to face the best of the best from different countries. Not to mention CCC was one of the youngest competitors to win it.

You can win fights in the UFC because they have alot of journey men and bums. There levels are no where near the top guys CCC had to face to win gold in first place.

Most ufc fighters would agree that winning a gold in the Olympics is amazing. Please don't try to down play it at all.

Then he added winning two ufc belts and defending them. If dana didnt like him than he would of have got someone that could beat him.

Alot of people thought cruz was going to beat him on here. CCC finished him like many others who failed to do so before.

Respect the cringe king!

Last edited:
Back