Anyone here have any Walthers?

Chesten_Hesten

Greatness isn't Stoked by Compliments.
@Gold
Reaction score
They all look about the same. I keep hearing the triggers are better out of the box than XDs, Glocks, etc.
Sometimes they aren't unreasonably priced.

Anyone here have or have shot one?

Any verdict?

Walther_PPQ-M2_9mm.jpg

Walther_PPQ-45_LS_2807076-800x800.jpg

32695-DEFAULT-l.jpg

I can’t speak to everyone else’s experience, but in mine they aren’t a good choice. They have lots of failures & I find them a bit uncomfortable.

If you’re considering a Glock or XD I would stay with those, as they are far more reliable weapons.

I can’t speak to everyone else’s experience, but in mine they aren’t a good choice. They have lots of failures & I find them a bit uncomfortable.

If you’re considering a Glock or XD I would stay with those, as they are far more reliable weapons.

You've shot them and had them fuck up?

You've shot them and had them fuck up?

The guy at the store said they like pricey ammo. CCI type stuff with the higher velocities. The regular brand normal stuff doesn't fare so reliably

I can't add anything to that claim. All I know is that they feel really nice to hold :)

The guy at the store said they like pricey ammo. CCI type stuff with the higher velocities. The regular brand normal stuff doesn't fare so reliably

I can't add anything to that claim. All I know is that they feel really nice to hold :)

I could save money if i wasn't such a degenerate for shit like this all the time.

got a German Made PPK. Had a chance to get a PPQ, but opted for a VP9 and VP9SK because of the better availability for aftermarket. IMO the PPQ had a slightly better trigger OOB than the VP9, but a VP with a Lazy Wolf Trigger kit is probably as good a trigger as a striker fired gun can ever get.

got a German Made PPK. Had a chance to get a PPQ, but opted for a VP9 and VP9SK because of the better availability for aftermarket. IMO the PPQ had a slightly better trigger OOB than the VP9, but a VP with a Lazy Wolf Trigger kit is probably as good a trigger as a striker fired gun can ever get.

What about apparent accuracy etc?

Or is it about like glocks xds and all the other half plastic stuff out there?

What about apparent accuracy etc?

Or is it about like glocks xds and all the other half plastic stuff out there?
i dont think ANYBODY makes inaccurate handguns. I've shot expert with a Hi-point JCP 4 or 5 times, just to prove to gun snobs that all handguns are pretty bang on at +-25 yards. For all the vaunted 'accurateness' of 1911's, i shoot combat tupperware just as well. Hell, my best score ever with a handgun was with Glock 26. Needless to say, regardless of whatever handgun IVE ever used, all my shooting is probably with 5 or 6 points and has more to do with what i ate for breakfast than what handgun im shooting.

Don't own any but the PPQ triggers I've handled are fantastic, better than other striker fire stick triggers imo.

I’ll 2nd the PPQ trigger being great. Although I think some of the newer poly pistols like the P320 and the CZ P10 have better factory triggers than the PPQ now.

In the military and private world I've carried everything from sigs to glocks to cz's...I reluctantly got rid of my everyday carry sig p226 for a PPQ because it felt so light, ergonomic and easy to be accurate with. I've put hundreds of rounds of all types of ammo and never had a failure.

Skill-fade for using a pistol is alot quicker than with a rifle....and the PPQ is very forgiving in that regard. Fuck it doesn't even feel like a 'real' gun to me. But I love the thing.

I had a p22 I think it was. Don’t recall it being unreliable and I shot it often enough. Nice grip. Sold it to fund a ruger variant with a threaded barrel a coworker was selling.

I don’t really like them, they don’t feel all that great to me and they look strange. That’s just my opinion though and I shouldn’t be taken too seriously, every time I go looking for new handguns, I just end up with more glocks.

However now that Springfield has that 10mm out I’ll probably give it a try especially since they have a first responder discount.

I had a p22 I think it was. Don’t recall it being unreliable and I shot it often enough. Nice grip. Sold it to fund a ruger variant with a threaded barrel a coworker was selling.

My dad has a few of those p22s. They are fun little Plinkers or training guns for new shooters, we used one a lot when my wife moved to the USA and wanted to learn to shoot.

They all look about the same. I keep hearing the triggers are better out of the box than XDs, Glocks, etc.
Sometimes they aren't unreasonably priced.

Anyone here have or have shot one?

Any verdict?

Walther_PPQ-M2_9mm.jpg

Walther_PPQ-45_LS_2807076-800x800.jpg

32695-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Bought a PPX and it sucks. Handled a friend's PPQ and the trigger was as impressive as advertised.

Back