Anyone here had to deal with Shingles?

Yeah, I had it on my right side, lower abdomen, area. Didn't take anything. Just took it easy in bed and tried not to move much because it was fairly painful. Stopped hurting in about a week and then continued as normal.

Not too big of a deal.

I had shingles back in May of 2015. It was very painful. Just the weight of my T-shirt was agonizing. Took my shirt off but even the slightest amount of moving air hitting my skin hurt like hell.
Luckily the pain subsided over the following two weeks or so. I’ve heard of people having it for months.

I got it around 8 years ago. It was awful. It felt like I pulled every muscle on the left side of my rib cage area. I ended up taking Vicodin every hour to deal with the pain. Thankfully, I didn't get permanent nerve damage, but it was 4-5 weeks of hell.

I had it years ago, on the left side of my face and my left eye.

The pain was unbearable, and caused intrusive thoughts. There were legitimately times where my brain was like "dude, just cut off your face". Most painkillers don't actually help.

The pain was unbearable, and caused intrusive thoughts. There were legitimately times where my brain was like "dude, just cut off your face". Most painkillers don't actually help.
Not there yet, but pain isn't subsiding. I wonder how well i would fair at my job if I had one arm?

I got shingles at 32. It was a silver dollar sized patch that attached itself to the nerve on my forehead. Luckily did not spread to the adjacent nerve in front of the ear, because that one can get into your eye and blind you. Every two to 5 seconds the shingles would make my nerve fire, and it felt like the whole right side of my head was on fire. No bueno.

I was very stressed and immnocomprimised from mono (And other sicknesses) at the time as well. I cannot imagine the pain from having it on a large portion of your body.

Last edited:
At least it's not permanent right? Some people have issues that last forever. We all have a cross to bear at some point in our lives.

I just over it in my arm pit and wrapping from my left chest to my back. Brutally painful and even a T-shirt was close to unbearable. I’d lay on the couch with my left side not touching anything and suffer in silence. Worst of all, the loser opioid addicts have caused a knee jerk reaction in the medical field and my doctor refused to prescribe any pain killers. They gave me gabapentin and told me to take ibuprofen. Lasted about a month and it fuckin sucks

I just over it in my arm pit and wrapping from my left chest to my back. Brutally painful and even a T-shirt was close to unbearable. I’d lay on the couch with my left side not touching anything and suffer in silence. Worst of all, the loser opioid addicts have caused a knee jerk reaction in the medical field and my doctor refused to prescribe any pain killers. They gave me gabapentin and told me to take ibuprofen. Lasted about a month and it fuckin sucks
Just strange how for some, it wasn't too bad. Guess it depends on your immune system.

Didn't you have a thread about it?

I remember it sounding excruciating.

I think anti psychotic meds help deal with nerve pain. Regular pain meds don't cut it iirc

I got it around 8 years ago. It was awful. It felt like I pulled every muscle on the left side of my rib cage area. I ended up taking Vicodin every hour to deal with the pain. Thankfully, I didn't get permanent nerve damage, but it was 4-5 weeks of hell.
I thought the same thing, that I pulled a muscle. My wife saw it the next day and knew what it was, so I took the medication in the time frame you're supposed to. But for about 5 weeks it felt like I had a bad sunburn that wouldn't go away. I wouldn't say it was unbearable, but I did have trouble walking. I felt OK if I stayed perfectly still.

Chickenpox in college, then shingles off and on for who knows how long and haven't had it since in many years.

If you, like me, did not know, shingles is basically adult chickenpox. Apparently, it stays in your body even after it goes away, and can come on in times of stress. You get a rash along with some random and intense nerve pain. And said pain has a good chance of sticking around FOREVER...fml

Having a real hard time with it. My whole side of my body and right arm feels like it's on fire, while the bones are being electrocuted. Any other person who had to deal with it? Tips for pain ect ect?
Dude, I had shingles when I was 11(right after having chicken pox). It practically consumed my upper legs and groin area. Was excruciating.

Tips, stay cool and use a lot of anti itch stuff

Afterwards, get a prescription for gabapentin/neurontin it helps with the residual nerve pain. Also, if you feel your part of your face is paralyzed in the next few weeks, it could be shingles induced bell's palsy of the facial nerves, and you may not have any symptoms on the skin.

Back