Anyone here had been to Okinawa?

mikezismike

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
how was it? was it beautiful? dang i really wish to go there someday

looking by this vid excites me more to go

lived there for two and a half years. Its very nice and the people are friendly. You have Nago in the north, that is very beautiful and traditional. It has an awesome park on the beach and its a nice town. Google the images for Nago, okinawa. Then you have Naha in the south, which is a bigger city but has fun things to do in it. A lot to do there, I would go back if the plane ride wasnt so long.

I've been there a couple of times but never lift the plane.

the beaches are great also. clear water that you can see the bottom of the ocean in. I have been to Shuri castle, which was in that video. its pretty cool. they have a few castles on the island.

I am curious with Okinawa I heard it does not snow unlike Taiwan and other Japanese northern Islands.

Does it get uncomfortabl hot during the summer?

I want to find a place where I dont feel 98F to 100F during the day.

70F to 80F is my ideal climate.

I lived there for 2 years. Very nice beaches. A little boring tho. Food not as good as the mainland. The locals more chilled then mainlanders too.

I am curious with Okinawa I heard it does not snow unlike Taiwan and other Japanese northern Islands.

its hot and humid in the summer and coolish in the winter. Lots of storms.

It's a very beautiful place. Very humid, fairly hot. The people can be wary of Americans, but given the history of WWII battle and US military bases, it's not without reason. I lived on Camp Schwab.

I was stationed there from 2006 to 2010. GREAT place! If you go, you MUST get Okinawan style ramen! They have some of the BEST pork you'll ever taste. I found the people VERY friendly and the temperatures are warm and balmy during the summer, but you just head to the beach to cool off. Lemme know if you have any questions!

its a sub tropic so its hot ,muggy in the summer. not as bad as thailand.. no it never snowed when i was there but winters do get cold enough where u will rush between buildings.. the winters seem colder then they are because the summer is so hot

Be careful with your pimp game, apparently the locals are very protective of their women

tumblr_mb8gzjTEH01r2jpb1o1_r1_400.gif

If you don't eat at hokka hokka tei, Sams anchor inn, cocos, or arin krin it's a wastes trip.

Also get some yakitori off of gate 2 street, taco rice up north. Okuma beach is beautiful. Stay away from American village. Overpriced tourist trap.

I did two tours over there while I was in the Marines. It was hot and humid. Lots of US military over there. It was OK, I wouldn't go there as a vacation destination. If you do go, try the yakisoba, taco or chicken fried rice at some of the stands in various towns. I remember it being very tasty when I was drunk...LOL

Stationed there 2 years, more like a year cause i was gone on deployment a lot.

Coco's is some of the best drunk food i've every eaten. Double meat double cheese lvl 7 spice.

Some world class scuba diving, went a few hundred times.

The locales are used to americans due to all the Marine Corps bases so your better off hitting up the beaches and scoring broads from the mainland on vacation.

If yellow ain't ur thing there's plenty of air force chicks or russian strippers to bang.

My great grandfather went. He enjoyed himself so much he stayed forever. The japanese didn't like his presence though.

I liked the food (but I like food everywhere I go) and loved the traditional music. I totally want to buy a sanshin now. Didn't do any beach activities since I went in winter, but I had a good time.

Back