Anyone here drives Chinese brand cars and motorcycles?

Skoda cars used to have an awful reputation over in the UK. Somewhere along the road it got turned around , Skoda are now the taxi drivers go to car...it could happen with Chinese cars.

Same with Kia.

Kia cars are reliable but unexciting nowadays, and they come with a strong warranty and support.

Good entry level cars.

Same with Kia.

Kia cars are reliable but unexciting nowadays, and they come with a strong warranty and support.

Good entry level cars.

Yeah.. kia is probably one of the most well represented cars on our roads.. people must really hate fun.. a to b mentality.. i get it but they are really boring..

Yeah.. kia is probably one of the most well represented cars on our roads.. people must really hate fun.. a to b mentality.. i get it but they are really boring..

when you have a mortgage and 3 kids on a middle class income you have to say bye bye to fun. Reliability becomes a priceless feature

First, Japan makes the finest vehicles on the road if your priorities are longevity, quality, and reliability.

South Korea's vehicles are a far cry from Japan's based on those three priorities. Good luck finding one that doesn't need major repairs within 100K miles.

China? Well, I can't say I'd be sure they'd make the worst vehicles on the planet, but I'd be surprised if they're not on the lowest tier of counties that make quality vehicles... like France and England.
Again, it's more about the standards of the manufacturer rather than the nation as a whole. Nissan, Mitsubishi and Suzuki are low grade trash for the most part- with worse long term reliability than Hyundai. Whereas Toyota is the standard of excellence. Honda used to be right up there too but it has declined in recent years.

As with anything, it's up to the manufacturer's tolerances and standards. Chinese goods have a reputation for cheapness because they're outsourced there for low cost. But they're also capable of producing high quality goods, with MSRP's to match. Take a look at the Hongqi featured on the Grand Tour I posted earlier. And regardless of what one may think of Apple products, we can agree that they're exceptionally well made physically. Just compare an iPhone to a cheaper rival. Even though both are made in China, there is a world of quality difference to materials.

I have a used 2013 Kia Rio, manual stick.

The dealership that I bought it from was the Kia one on Brentford. I get everything from repairs to servicing done there.

Cat itself isn't quick of the mark, but it's spacious and hasn't caused problems

Can't recmens them enough.

I have a used 2013 Kia Rio, manual stick.

The dealership that I bought it from was the Kia one on Brentford. I get everything from repairs to servicing done there.

Cat itself isn't quick of the mark, but it's spacious and hasn't caused problems

Can't recmens them enough.

Yeah.. my best friend took one as a company car.. kia niro plug in hybrid.. i've driven it a bunch..

I personally hate it and would never buy it.. not because it's bad in any way but it's a bit like eating food with absolutely no spice.. sure, you are no longer hungry, it didn't cause you pain but it was also a nonexperience that could have been much better..

Not hating on it.. a great car for people who likes transportation but hates cars.. no offence, most cars are like that.. would like to test drive the stinger just as a bench mark for what kia can do when they try fun..

Yeah.. my best friend took one as a company car.. kia niro plug in hybrid.. i've driven it a bunch..

I personally hate it and would never buy it.. not because it's bad in any way but it's a bit like eating food with absolutely no spice.. sure, you are no longer hungry, it didn't cause you pain but it was also a nonexperience that could have been much better..

Not hating on it.. a great car for people who likes transportation but hates cars.. no offence, most cars are like that.. would like to test drive the stinger just as a bench mark for what kia can do when they try fun..

That's also what the reviews say. No real problems but boring to drive.

I'll be getting a new car when it's paid off. Not sure what though.

That's also what the reviews say. No real problems but boring to drive.

I'll be getting a new car when it's paid off. Not sure what though.

Haha! Kudos to you for not getting defensive..

Yeah, i'm in the same boat.. i have a 2008 325i bmw that has to go this spring.. it has served me well but sooner or later something really expensive will break and it's starting to feel old..

I've been looking at the audi q5 and the a5.. gf wants a crossover because she's about 3' tall and likes to see stuff.. i want something fun, comfortable and reasonably practical.. q5 tfsi would satisfy both but it's expensive when pimped out..

Decisions decisions..

Haha! Kudos to you for not getting defensive..

Yeah, i'm in the same boat.. i have a 2008 325i bmw that has to go this spring.. it has served me well but sooner or later something really expensive will break and it's starting to feel old..

I've been looking at the audi q5 and the a5.. gf wants a crossover because she's about 3' tall and likes to see stuff.. i want something fun, comfortable and reasonably practical.. q5 tfsi would satisfy both but it's expensive when pimped out..

Decisions decisions..

I'd like a Mazda personally.

Don't get me wrong, I do love my Kia, but I have it as my first car. I'd definitely want something with more pep once I've sorted my life out.

I'd like a Mazda personally.

Don't get me wrong, I do love my Kia, but I have it as my first car. I'd definitely want something with more pep once I've sorted my life out.

Yeah, the new mazdas are actually pretty.. i've been in the xc5 and it's really nice..

Nice.

I like the MX5 personally. Not too expensive either.

Also curious about electric vehicles, like the Ioniq.

Yeah.. mx5 is probably the best sports car ever made! Many (insecure) people make fun of the mx5 as a hair dressers car etc but for the price of tennis shoes those things are fast as fuck on track stock and gets monstrous for very little coin.. love them.. i've been eying one but i can't afford a fuck you car.. :D

Yeah, price of gas is stupid and i love the power.. i think i'll give it a couple of generations..

Chinese suv

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

tenor-8.gif

Every time someone says car's from china I always think of

My electric bike had a Chinese battery pack in it that kept failing. The owner of the company found out that the company in China he hired to make his batteries were loading it up with cheaper less safe versions of the batteries he was paying for. So he had to provide all of his customers with brand new Batteries (retailing at over 1000 bucks each) at his own expense. As far as China goes, there was no recourse. Total loss.

A friend of mine bought a 150cc chinese dirtbike. Said it was "honda guts". I live infront of a motorcycle repair shop. He visits me often now.

I use a couple of the 6.5hp Predator Honda clone motors.. From my own experience, they last just as long as a Briggs these days at 1/3 of the price. I wouldn't use them in an industrial settings but for home use stuff like log splitters, go karts, liquid transfer pumps, etc they work great.

No sir, only the finest Yugo for me.

Only rich people can afford a Yugo. It's the Trabant life for me.

Chinese cars are probably junk now but in the near future I'm sure they will reach at least Kia and Hyundai tier.

Chinese made aftermarket parts used to be a joke but the no name brand chinese turbos and coilovers are good entry level quality. People are even building engines with chinese rods and pistons from ebay.

Back