Anyone here do DraftKings?

Qwerty1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I have been obsessed with it for the NFL, but i was just wondering if anyone here participates in any of the contests for the UFC? My buddy invited me to a $5 head to head and im going to do it just to try it out. If you have never done it before basically you have a salary cap of 50,000 and each fighter has a salary to spend. You have to try and find some sleepers here and there because the heavy hitters cost a lot. Basically like fantasy sports.

Cerrone 9,500
Hall 12,000
Howard 9,400
Parke 9,700
Pendred 9,300

That is my lineup. If anyone else plays feel free to post your lineup below. I dont know if the MMA on draft kings is any good. Just checking it out. You get bonus points for finishes and points for passes and sig strikes and obviously a W.

Oh dang, I didn't know Draft Kings had UFC. I do the NFL and I made a couple hundred this past season based on a $450 investment. I'm not into NBA or MLB that much so I was just going to wait until next NFL, but now I might try some UFC.

What's the timeframe of the contests, just one UFC card?

There have been multiple threads about this "Draft Kings" website in the last few days. Paid posters? Spam? Conspiracy?

Hum... This is the first I have seen it. Could be now that you mention it, it's a good idea. Got me interested.

I won $4 from draftkings off of $10 and a promo for UFC 182. I called every match in the main card in my head but had to choose Jury over Cerrone because of the limit of theoretical cash.

I'm gonna do Sunday's fight night.

There should be a sticky for draftkings here.

There have been multiple threads about this "Draft Kings" website in the last few days. Paid posters? Spam? Conspiracy?

I think they sponsor Joe Rogan's podcast.

I'm real big into NFL on draftkings (fanduel as well but they don't have MMA) and did enter into 2 of the big tournaments last event. Finished just out of the money in the contest I did enter. I enjoyed it but not as much as football, it kind of made me watch the fights in a different way which I didn't enjoy as much...I was rooting too much for one guy instead of enjoying the action and analyzing. A question that I had about it was what if Jones posative test resulted in a "no contest" or any other fighter that fails for PEDs, then what happens to results of the tournament?
Either way, I'll be in a contest this weekend, good luck to you...and me

I posted a thread about it a couple weeks ago. My reason at the time was because I was worried that there wouldn't be enough participation in the contest for the site to make any money off of it and it would subsequently no longer be offered.

I'm real big into NFL on draftkings (fanduel as well but they don't have MMA) and did enter into 2 of the big tournaments last event. Finished just out of the money in the contest I did enter. I enjoyed it but not as much as football, it kind of made me watch the fights in a different way which I didn't enjoy as much...I was rooting too much for one guy instead of enjoying the action and analyzing. A question that I had about it was what if Jones posative test resulted in a "no contest" or any other fighter that fails for PEDs, then what happens to results of the tournament?
Either way, I'll be in a contest this weekend, good luck to you...and me

Draftkings kinda make the undercards and the nobodies a little more exciting.

I have been obsessed with it for the NFL, but i was just wondering if anyone here participates in any of the contests for the UFC? My buddy invited me to a $5 head to head and im going to do it just to try it out. If you have never done it before basically you have a salary cap of 50,000 and each fighter has a salary to spend. You have to try and find some sleepers here and there because the heavy hitters cost a lot. Basically like fantasy sports.

Cerrone 9,500
Hall 12,000
Howard 9,400
Parke 9,700
Pendred 9,300

That is my lineup. If anyone else plays feel free to post your lineup below. I dont know if the MMA on draft kings is any good. Just checking it out. You get bonus points for finishes and points for passes and sig strikes and obviously a W.

I made $70 on UFC 182. Actually it's more like net $43 because the entry fee was $27. Here's the scoring system. Keep in mind that if your pick isn't a finishing machine, then he'd better land a ton of significant strikes.

Fighters in each event will accumulate points as follows:

Moves Scoring

Significant Strikes (SS): +0.5 PTS
Advance (ADVC): +1 PT
Takedown (TD): +2 PTS
Reversal/Sweep (REV): +2 PTS
Knockdown (KD): +3 PTS

Fight Conclusion Bonuses

1st Round Win (1rW+): +100 PTS
2nd Round Win (2rW+): +70 PTS
3rd Round Win (3rW+): +50 PTS
4th Round Win (4rW+): +40 PTS
5th Round Win (5rW+): +40 PTS
Decision Win (WBD+) : +25 PTS

Scoring Notes:
Significant Strikes are any Distance Strike or Clinch/Ground Strikes that are considered "Power Strikes" by official scorers.
Advances include:
To Half Guard
To Side Control
To Mount
To Back Control

Player Lock Notes: All fighters lock at the time the first fight starts in an event.

https://www.draftkings.com/help/mma

I made $70 on UFC 182. Actually it's more like net $43 because the entry fee was $27. Here's the scoring system. Keep in mind that if your pick isn't a finishing machine, then he'd better land a ton of significant strikes.

Fighters in each event will accumulate points as follows:

Moves Scoring

Significant Strikes (SS): +0.5 PTS
Advance (ADVC): +1 PT
Takedown (TD): +2 PTS
Reversal/Sweep (REV): +2 PTS
Knockdown (KD): +3 PTS

Fight Conclusion Bonuses

1st Round Win (1rW+): +100 PTS
2nd Round Win (2rW+): +70 PTS
3rd Round Win (3rW+): +50 PTS
4th Round Win (4rW+): +40 PTS
5th Round Win (5rW+): +40 PTS
Decision Win (WBD+) : +25 PTS

Scoring Notes:
Significant Strikes are any Distance Strike or Clinch/Ground Strikes that are considered "Power Strikes" by official scorers.
Advances include:
To Half Guard
To Side Control
To Mount
To Back Control

Player Lock Notes: All fighters lock at the time the first fight starts in an event.

https://www.draftkings.com/help/mma

Thanks for this info. Damn, this looks hard. I would have to do a lot of research, especially on the undercard guys.

They have the usual game types, like H2H and 50/50?

Cerrone 9,500
Hall 12,000
Howard 9,400
Parke 9,700
Pendred 9,300

I do draftkings for Premier League and I love it, but the first UFC event was a letdown. Caliber/name value of fighter is pretty far down the list of priorities. There's a very heavy emphasis on early finishes. Last time, if you didn't have Shawn Jordan you were basically out of the money. (I won three bucks without him--first place was like $250.)

I'll stick with it for a while. It's definitely a fun wrinkle. I just hope they tweak the rules.

Back