Anyone here around 40 and can do a muscle up?

I think i could do a muscle down where you start at the top and then fall downward smacking my chin off the bar knocking myself out

Don't worry bro, even THE REEM can't do one...

Muscle-up.gif

If this is a muscle up then fuuccccck that. Im 24 and in good shape and i still couldnt do it.:icon_lol:

I'm 40 and yes, I can do them... just. If I actually worked at being able to do them, I reckon I could push out a respectable amount for my age.

I can do them plenty, I'm not nearly 40 though. Sorry old timers.

In my prime...yes, just barely. Approaching 40, 5'10" & 180lbs, married and have become overly lazy. So, hell no. Damn...I need to get back on it

but, dude, if you're that size and 40 and can do a solid set of 10-12 pull ups, that's pretty damn good.

If this is a muscle up then fuuccccck that. Im 24 and in good shape and i still couldnt do it.:icon_lol:

This.

I'm 23 and work out nearly everyday and I kinda doubt I could do one.

Maybe with awful form but I still kinda doubt it.

Don't worry bro, even THE REEM can't do one...

Wow, awesome clip. Hannibal is amazing! Funny to see Reem, Spong and Shadface reacting to athletic performances that are way beyond what they can do. Rashad looked like he was in love, lmao. :icon_lol:

Unless you're a gymnast, it's one of the most overrated exercises you can do. It only became popular because of cultfit.

Yeah, it kinda looks cool, but it's not that special or really functional as a training.

This wasnt called a muscle up when i was 10 years old. It was called climbing shit. Now though i doubt i could do one without some practice. And im only 26, 6' 170lbs.

I'm 23 and cant. I'm just skinny and weak

Also, I'm too fat.

I am also far too overweight to do a muscle up. I max out at about 5 pull ups. (I'm 44)

However, My neighbors son is 17, state runner up in wrestling his Jr year, undefeated thus far this year, and can do muscle ups out the ass, and I still ragdoll him on the mat every single time we roll, much to his fury and disillusionment.

Muscle ups are well and good, but they are no match for experience, old man strength, and most importantly, a 50 lb weight advantage.

They're a retarded exercise.

Not a single reason to do them. It's like a bastard child of the pull-up and dip.

I'm 6'2 230. I'm picturing flipping myself over the top of the bar and landing on my head attempting the transition.

I'm 32, 5'11" and 170. There's no chance in hell I could do that.

Thanks for all the insight. I know its kinda a dumb exercise its just gotten personal that I cant do one. Im going to keep trying for a few more months. If I ever get them down, I probably will quit and never do them again.

I'm 43. I used to be able to do 36 pull ups, 75 push ups, blah blah...
Old Kevin, read younger Kevin could have done one of those...

Now, hahahahahaha no way.

47... still can do muscle ups. This is a fairly important exercise for me as I am a rock climber. Sometime you gotta pull yourself up and mantle over to reach the next hold.

I've also been training for 30 years. My workouts are Crossfit inspired. Those who say Crossfit is crap haven't elected to develop their own programs from the Crossfit material. It is foolish to believe one work out fits all. The propaganda should be separated from the value add. Unfortunately the propaganda is all that most people see. I'd think you'd find most elite Crossfitters aren't doing the prescribed programs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back