Anyone heard of this kid.

Kendrick is a very seasoned purple belt. Extremely tough guy with a very laid back personality. One of the toughest competitors from our school. He has a very crazy guard game. Always lots of action with him.

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure that they only fought in the finals.

Here's a pic of the crazy guillotine escape that Bill Cooper attempted.

IMG_10516.jpg

damn thats dangerous.

I wonder if his opponent considered letting go simply out of concern for the guy. Seriously, it looks like you could end up snapping your neck if things go wrong.

I'd like to see an MMAer try that and get DDT'd. I could see Mayhem Miller being crazy enough to try.

Sherdog_Mutt said:

IMG_10516.jpg
i had respect for him till now, what the hell is he thinking

He eventually got out of it -- this is not an escape attempt. It's just a way to relieve the pressure temporarily and let your opponent tire out. He didn't try to go all the way over or anything.

relieving pressure or escape thats hella dangerous, i wouldnt trust anyone holding me up there the guy could be an asshole and drop him straight on his head.

From what I hear he got beat at Grapplers Quest in Vegas Dec 4th by Benson Henderson from the MMA Lab out of Phoenix

From what I hear he got beat at Grapplers Quest in Vegas Dec 4th by Benson Henderson from the MMA Lab out of Phoenix

here is the proof!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2bATAguse74&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2bATAguse74&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Talk about bringing a thread back from the grave. Cool stuff

How did that match end? Did he tap to the guillotine, or was it points?

I thought that Bill Cooper was a BB and placed second this year in the Mundials. He lost to Sergio Moraes - the same guy that beat Kron in the first round. :redface:

ive seen a guy like that at the tournaments down here. hes insane. he just turned 17 and hes only been doing bjj a year and ahalf and won the teens, then intermediate, and got second in the advanced and hung in there with a brown belt in absolute and tied him and was outweighed by 50lbs. hes crazy good.

Name is Bill Cooper. I heard some people talking about him in the gym the other day, i was overhearing some stuff (ok ok i was being nosy) and i heard them say that this kid is really tough, something about him fighting Kron and barely losing to him (in JJ ofcourse)

well i hope thats enough info to spark something in someones head, because thats all i know for now. only reason im interested is because i like hearing names that are in their teen years and already doing big shit.

Peace!!

Many people believe Bill Cooper is well along the road to becoming the greatest american grappler of all time.

this thread is old as fuck

IMG_10516.jpg

the pic won't work anymore... was it the one when bill basically explodes into a gator roll and breaks free? I love that one.

ya hes super slick, cant wait to see more of him in the future

Back