Anyone heard of this kid.

Resendiz

Just glad to be able to train again.
@Brown
Reaction score
Name is Bill Cooper. I heard some people talking about him in the gym the other day, i was overhearing some stuff (ok ok i was being nosy) and i heard them say that this kid is really tough, something about him fighting Kron and barely losing to him (in JJ ofcourse)

well i hope thats enough info to spark something in someones head, because thats all i know for now. only reason im interested is because i like hearing names that are in their teen years and already doing big shit.

Peace!!

The match you are refering to took palce a couple of months ago in Copa Pacifica.

Bill "The Grill" Cooper is his nickname :D

I belive I've seen the fight mentioned but I can't seem to find it or a link to it...

i think it was at onthemat.com but it seems to be missing there

If you haven't heard of him, you will.

Bill is very talented and finally turned 18 several months ago.

Bill "The Grill" Cooper is one of Franjinha's young phenoms coming out of Paragon Jiu-jitsu (including Jeff Glover). These kids have been wrecking havoc in all of the BJJ tournaments that they've been entering. Bill is insanely talented and it's scary to think how good he's going to be when he's all grown up.

theMutt has no idea who he is...he simply copied my answer to appear to be "in the know".

haha... sorry... didn't read all the posts before replying. I can see how you would get that impression.

However, I have seen Bill the Grill clean up at several tournaments here in Southern CA. I remember him tapping out Adult blue belts while he was still just a 16 year old yellow belt. Bottomline, he's a real phenom.

how old is Jeff Glover?

the kid wins most every match from what i have seen in the results and in grappling mag

Bill "The Grill" Cooper -- if you don't know him, you haven't been following BJJ for about the last year. He's very talented, though after losing the Copa Pacifica 2005 to 16 year old Kron Gracie by a very slim margin, he lost early in the 2005 Pan Ams as an Adult lightweight purple belt.

Kron Gracie also ran the same adult division in the Pan Ams about 2 monts after winning the Copa Pacifica against Bill, taking home gold twice in his first 2 tournaments as a purple belt.

johil d'o said:
Bill "The Grill" Cooper -- if you don't know him, you haven't been following BJJ for about the last year..

I havent followed sport jiu jitsu ever, only the obvious big names matches that you hear everywhere. I think now that i will start competing names will become more familiar.

Bill kicked some ass again this weekend at the NOGI tournament.

Yeah... he had a great fight in the finals with Kendrick (from my school). Big respect for the kid.

Mutt -- Was his match with Kendrick the one where Bill went upside down trying to ease the pressure of a guillotine? That was a great match, lots of action and fun to watch.

No. Bill fought Kendrick (short African-American guy) in the finals. He pulled off his upside down guillotine escape in the semi-finals. Don't know who it was that he pulled that off on.

If someone has a video of that guillotine escape? If so, please post because talking about it here is not doing it justice.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Bill's dad also a black belt? I think having a dad encouraging you and your progressive skills definitely helps. Just look at Mo Gomez and Roger Gracie and Rickson and Kron.

Ah yes, I saw his match against Kendrick. They were really active - fun match to watch. Did they actually fight 2x during the day?

What belt is Kendrick? Bill is purple, as you know.

Back