Anyone heard of Guillermo Ciavatta?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Nordic Nonsense, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Nordic Nonsense

Nordic Nonsense Chelsea Blue Belt

A friend of mine is looking into this gym in Jacksonville, FL called 'Chameleon MMA'. We stopped down there today, wanted to check it out. It's a pretty quiet gym, atleast from what we saw. When we walked in there was 2 guys rolling gi, and then we saw a guy in a black gi and he had a black belt.

Skipping to the chase, we went to the back and talked to one of the instructors. He said that the guy's name was Guillermo Ciavatta and he's a black belt in BJJ, and said he was the main BJJ instructor.

Now, we liked the look of the place and everything, but when I came home I wanted to look him up and see if there was anything I could find on him, but I couldn't find a damn thing on the guy, so I was wondering if anyone here had heard of him or not.

2. lechien

lechien Gold Belt

I had a look on the website and nothing about BJJ. just ju jutsu.

maybe he is a new addition of the team

well as long as it is not that guy in the pic.

[​IMG]

3. lechien

lechien Gold Belt

4. lechien

lechien Gold Belt

My guess is this club only teach sport Ju Jitsu

[​IMG]

5. Nordic Nonsense

That shit confused me too. I had no idea what the hell that was all about when I first saw it.

6. Nordic Nonsense

7. lechien

lechien Gold Belt

Are you sure that he said that?

some guys just they that they are BB in Ju Jitsu and then they wear Atama gi which lead you to think that they train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

They are a big difference. between Ju Jitsu and BJJ.

To be honest, everyone is cashing in and I know some Ju Jutsu or Ju Jitsu Clubs and even Federations that changed their name to Jiu Jitsu! They get away by correcting/saying it is sport Jui Jitsu. ETF!

8. J Sho

J Sho Green Belt

Ignoring the clear mcdojosim. it is the correct spanish spelling equivalent for the portuguese term vale tudo.

Sherdog has results for Vale Todo International and Vale Todo xtreme and Argentina Fighting championships (not that this guy is listed in any of them).

9. Nordic Nonsense

No no, he said that. I talked to the guy personally. He told us what their schedule everyday, and then I asked the name of his black belt in the gym and he said 'Oh that Guillermo Ciavatta, hes a black belt in brazilian..' and his voice trailed off before he said he was a 4th degree BB in ju jitsu. Then he told us about his wife who is also an instructor there, but that's not part of the story.

I was looking around to see if they have a gracie seal anywhere, they did not. Sent off red flags in my head, making me think it was a mcdojo, mainly because not only did they not have anything like that, but instead they had posters of MMA fighters and shit everywhere.

It was a really nice place, they had a large mat area and they had there own personal octagon, and upstairs they had a weight room. Which like I said is great, but if you got guys who aren't qualified to do the shit they're saying they do, what's the point?

10. Nordic Nonsense

Oooh, did not know that, thanks for clearing that up