Anyone have the Jaco Rash Guard? (or shld I stick w Hayabusa..?)

NoLimits1987

White Belt
Reaction score
I just purchased a Manto and Rupture rashie and I have enough money for one more. I love the look of the Jaco and I love their shorts but I am having a hard time finding any reviews on these things? Any input? Also thinking about hayabusa as a close second.

i have one. Wore it once, never wore it to practice again.

Its just a really nice shirt and if your someone who sweats alot, this thing gets soaked. the materirial is very soft, and might be nice to sleep in or something, but id rather use something thats made of lycra/spandex. I expected it to have tight arms and a loose torso, it was the opposite - my arms were loose and the torse was a little tighter than i had thought it would be (and i have a small waist and big arms)

Ive never used a hayabusa rash guard, but i have always used UA and im guessing theyre really similar. I'd stick with that if i were you.

If you really wanna try the jaco i can sell you mine (although is it weird to sell a used rash guard?)

get a few of these: Under Armour HeatGear Short Sleeve Rash Guard-Combatsports.com with an extra 20% off theyre like 11 bucks each, cant beat it.

I agree with lourivellini. The rash guard it lovely and soft to start with but after a few washes gets a lot rougher. I would stick with hayabusa or maybe have a look at the rupture rash guards I got mine a few weeks ago and it is amazing

Thanks for the advice! ya already ordered a rupture rash guard actually, think I may try a hayabusa...

Same here. Tighter in the torso and WAY looser in the arms than I expected. Hayabusa is great, but it is a bit loose in the torso. The typical complaints on the Hayabusa are that plus the shoulder is a bit odd (but I got used to it quickly and now it doesn't bother me) and the neck is a bit wide.

The feel of the material and the general fit in the arms is great for me. Despite the loose torso, I will probably pick up at least one more Hayabusa rashguard in the near future. I would recommend them over the Jaco, but wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a new one that addresses the loose sleeve issue. Anyone have experience with the short sleeve version of the Jaco RG?

Yep i have both the long and short sleeved version and your right the long sleeved one is not good at all the sleeves are massive and no good for mma/grappling.

The short sleeved version however is loads better due to not having the sleeves :) so it is useable however my complaints about it are that the material becomes rough after a few washes and it has worn very quickly so looks very shoddy. I am not a poser at the gym by any means but i like to look well presented if that makes sense.........not sure it does!!

Mine looks like its been through the wash 10 times when its only been through once.

I was just wondering what the advantages are of the busa and rupture over under armour? are they thicker? softer? I would buy one but since im so let down on my first and only 50 dollar rash guard purchase, im hesitant to try again.

I have a an older Hayabusa rashguard that I've worn for about a year now. It's basically still in the same shape that I got it in and I wear and wash it once a week. It fits great and is my second favorite rashie. My first is the American Stand Up rashguard that fits very similar to the Hayabusa but I prefer the tightness of the wrist-cuffs at the end of the arms in the ASU. The only draw-back to the ASU is that in the year that I've owned it, some of the image on the back has scratched off.

:icon_arro
Mine looks like its been through the wash 10 times when its only been through once.

I was just wondering what the advantages are of the busa and rupture over under armour? are they thicker? softer? I would buy one but since im so let down on my first and only 50 dollar rash guard purchase, im hesitant to try again.

I found that the hayabusa and rupture guards a lot stronger material and the stiching was also stronger. That and the rupture rash guard is cut longer so will not ride up whe you are moving around

cant go wrong with hayabusa. underarmor is also very good

Resurrecting this thread to express my displeasure with the long-sleeve Jaco rashguard. I purchased it a week or so ago from fighterwarehouse.com (who shipped it quickly, no issues there).

I washed it before wearing and it still had a strange chemically smell to it but whatever. It looks great but the actual wearing experience is terrible. I wore it under my gi and it got soaked and stayed soaked. It has NO wicking properties whatsoever. The sleeves and bottom also stretched out like crazy. Whereas typical rashies stretch out and then back to original shape, this just stays stretched.

I really regret overpaying for what feels exactly like a long sleeve cotton T. Of all the rashies I've used (Hayabusa, Rupture, UA, Starter, Quicksilver, Champion), Jaco is the worst.

Resurrecting this thread to express my displeasure with the long-sleeve Jaco rashguard. I purchased it a week or so ago from fighterwarehouse.com (who shipped it quickly, no issues there).

I washed it before wearing and it still had a strange chemically smell to it but whatever. It looks great but the actual wearing experience is terrible. I wore it under my gi and it got soaked and stayed soaked. It has NO wicking properties whatsoever. The sleeves and bottom also stretched out like crazy. Whereas typical rashies stretch out and then back to original shape, this just stays stretched.

I really regret overpaying for what feels exactly like a long sleeve cotton T. Of all the rashies I've used (Hayabusa, Rupture, UA, Starter, Quicksilver, Champion), Jaco is the worst.

Another bad review for the imaginary complaint box. As much as I love me some Jaco, i'm very glad this thread warned me about their sub-par rashguards before buying into them. btw, Hayabusas rashguards fit amazingly! If only they weren't so ridiculously expensive =(

Back