Anyone have experience with this brand and their gloves

I've never heard of them. What brought them to your attention?

I've never heard of them. What brought them to your attention?

Well my muay thai school in Toronto is having a celebration and so they have these bag gloves for sale. I have ringside bag gloves but want to get something else for bag work.

How much? Might be worth a shot if they're decently priced.

Also, check out RB3 Mexican Bag Gloves - Blowout Sale - Rival Boxing Gear Inc.
Just got a pair, really liking them. Will post a review after I've had them for a little longer. Cost me $45 after taxes and shipping, and only took about 2-3 business days shipped to Hamilton, so I would assume about the same to Toronto.

The rivals look pretty good. Please let me know your review on it. Also question about sizing. I'm 5'9 172 lbs. What size did you get (should I get)? Also what colour did you get? Are they pretty much the same as in the pic, because I know certain gear on picture look totally different when you get them. Thanks

Forgot to add, the price on the MTG gloves are $55 CDN. If possible could you put up a pic of the actual gloves from Rival? Thanks again.

Last edited:
MTG (Muay-Thai Global) is a great brand. It's a Thai brand and is of similar quality as Sandee and even Twins and Fairtex. MTG Thai pads are awesome. The thing is MTG and Sandee are not as well known in the US as they are in Europe. Specially in the UK, Sandee and MTG are very well know brands for Muay-Thai. Normally MTG and Sandee are more affordable than Twins and Fairtex too.
FBT is the Adidas from Thailand. They are not a Muay-Thai brand but a sports brand so just like you wouldn't really want Reebok or Adidas Thai pads or gloves, I would also not want FBT. Although I never used them I always heard complains.

MTG kit is always top notch, especially gloves, I prefer theirs to Twins or Fairtex so those one's will probably be pretty good as well.

MTG (Muay-Thai Global) is a great brand. It's a Thai brand and is of similar quality as Sandee and even Twins and Fairtex. MTG Thai pads are awesome. The thing is MTG and Sandee are not as well known in the US as they are in Europe. Specially in the UK, Sandee and MTG are very well know brands for Muay-Thai. Normally MTG and Sandee are more affordable than Twins and Fairtex too.

This. I've never tried MTG gloves but I've seen them in online shops and in training pictures/footage from Holland.

The rivals look pretty good. Please let me know your review on it. Also question about sizing. I'm 5'9 172 lbs. What size did you get (should I get)? Also what colour did you get? Are they pretty much the same as in the pic, because I know certain gear on picture look totally different when you get them. Thanks

I got red in XL after talking to one of Rival's customer service people. I'm 5'10 and 250, with a knuckle circumference of 8.5 inches.

I'll see if I can get some pics up later today.

FBT is the Adidas from Thailand. They are not a Muay-Thai brand but a sports brand so just like you wouldn't really want Reebok or Adidas Thai pads or gloves, I would also not want FBT. Although I never used them I always heard complains.

Thanks this was very informative. Have you tried their bag gloves with the strap that's posted on the link? Just wanting to get feedback. If you have tried them how would you say they stack up against the Rival RB3?

RB3 Mexican Bag Gloves - Bag gloves - Rival Boxing Gear Inc.

Buakaw and Jomhod are wearing them here...

Well my muay thai school in Toronto is having a celebration and so they have these bag gloves for sale. I have ringside bag gloves but want to get something else for bag work.

Which gym is that??Do they only have MTG bag gloves for sale??

Back