Anyone have exp starting their own brand?

It's expensive, time-consuming and stressful with moments of absolute despair and disappointment.

But when it clicks...
Do you still make gloves under the MXN brand name, or are they all Salvador now?

Ok then well make sure you let us know what you manage to make
You posted a picture of a generic glove when you claim there’s plenty of winnings style gloves on eBay... you need to get your eyes checked if you think those are even close to winnings

The whole "like Winning but cheaper!" is something so done to death at this point. Not saying that someone couldn't still make a product like that and be successful but it is obviously not at all an original idea.

The whole "like Winning but cheaper!" is something so done to death at this point. Not saying that someone couldn't still make a product like that and be successful but it is obviously not at all an original idea.
Please show me a winning style glove that is cheaper

Do you still make gloves under the MXN brand name, or are they all Salvador now?

All Salvador.

There was a reason for the change, but this isn't the thread for it.

If I can offer any advice to the thread starter, it's to listen to your market. Don't get defensive on criticism. Listen to it, absorb it and evolve with it. You wouldnt believe how many times I've had to chop and change things up; from manufacturers, leather suppliers, foams etc. Never settle. Always strive to offer the best that you believe to be.

It's hard work. You won't be able to please everyone. But if you can be truly and honestly proud in what you have to offer and have achieved then that goes a long way. People sense pride and confidence in a product. Ten-a-penny clones they do not.

You posted a picture of a generic glove when you claim there’s plenty of winnings style gloves on eBay... you need to get your eyes checked if you think those are even close to winnings
Ok good luck be good to see what you produce

There are loads. AMMO, TopBoxer, Sabas, Triumph United are brands which at different points in time have made gloves with strong similarities. But generally if you just browse around you'll find stuff that is clearly inspired by Winning and is cheaper than Winning.

You mentioned one in the OP, the R2C C17. Most people rate them as being very accurate copies.

Also, here you go:

There are loads. AMMO, TopBoxer, Sabas, Triumph United are brands which at different points in time have made gloves with strong similarities. But generally if you just browse around you'll find stuff that is clearly inspired by Winning and is cheaper than Winning.

You mentioned one in the OP, the R2C C17. Most people rate them as being very accurate copies.

Also, here you go:

Those Superior gloves you posted the video of are actually pretty impressive for the price. I would still say the R2C C-17’s and TopBoxer Win1’s are the best Winning clones currently on the market. I actually prefer Mexican gloves myself, especially for any type of bag or mitt work. And then I typically prefer Rival gloves for sparring. Winning are great gloves, and I’ve owned several pairs. However, with them being so expensive, I almost don’t even like to use them because I want them to remain in pristine condition.

All Salvador.

There was a reason for the change, but this isn't the thread for it.

If I can offer any advice to the thread starter, it's to listen to your market. Don't get defensive on criticism. Listen to it, absorb it and evolve with it. You wouldnt believe how many times I've had to chop and change things up; from manufacturers, leather suppliers, foams etc. Never settle. Always strive to offer the best that you believe to be.

It's hard work. You won't be able to please everyone. But if you can be truly and honestly proud in what you have to offer and have achieved then that goes a long way. People sense pride and confidence in a product. Ten-a-penny clones they do not.
Thanks for the reply. I bought a pair of the MXN gloves from you a couple years ago and really liked them. They were 10 ounce fight gloves in green and gold. I planned to mainly use them on the pads, but they ended up being more durable than fight gloves typically are, so I used them on the heavy bag as well. Are the Salvador gloves pretty similar? I was thinking of buying a pair of 10 oz gloves from the boxupnation website. I believe they are referred to as “elite fight gloves” on there.

Here’s a picture of the ones I was thinking about getting...looks like they are a horsehair and foam combo. Just wondering how they compare to the MXN gloves. If I had one negative about the MXN fight gloves I had, it would be that the thumb was a little short.

0D7C4370-E4F1-4D4D-AD4C-655511D8C68D.png

Here’s a picture of the ones I was thinking about getting...looks like they are a horsehair and foam combo. Just wondering how they compare to the MXN gloves. If I had one negative about the MXN fight gloves I had, it would be that the thumb was a little short.

View attachment 822021

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but they are of a higher standard than the previous MXN incarnation. The padding is a foam/horsehair combination and very compact. The thumb has also been lengthened fractionally.

If there's enough interest, I'm happy to create a thread on my experience in developing a brand.

Those Superior gloves you posted the video of are actually pretty impressive for the price. I would still say the R2C C-17’s and TopBoxer Win1’s are the best Winning clones currently on the market. I actually prefer Mexican gloves myself, especially for any type of bag or mitt work. And then I typically prefer Rival gloves for sparring. Winning are great gloves, and I’ve owned several pairs. However, with them being so expensive, I almost don’t even like to use them because I want them to remain in pristine condition.
When owning high end gloves like winning and fly you just have to use them I know what you mean though ha don’t owned 4 pairs of winning myself

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but they are of a higher standard than the previous MXN incarnation. The padding is a foam/horsehair combination and very compact. The thumb has also been lengthened fractionally.

If there's enough interest, I'm happy to create a thread on my experience in developing a brand.

Yes please. Your gloves are amazing.

Hey muaytao, I run my own brand here in the UK. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions. It's a tough industry, that's for sure!

There are plenty of "Winning style" gloves (or so they claim) but of course none of them are 100% identical stylistically to Winning.

Your emphasis really shouldn't be on "affordable Winning style gloves" but rather "affordable Winning quality gloves". Just my opinion.

There are plenty of "Winning style" gloves (or so they claim) but of course none of them are 100% identical stylistically to Winning.

Your emphasis really shouldn't be on "affordable Winning style gloves" but rather "affordable Winning quality gloves". Just my opinion.
Yeah keep dreaming about winning quality being affordable. Not going to happen.

Yeah keep dreaming about winning quality being affordable. Not going to happen.
True.
Japanese products in general are more expensive because (1.) As we all know, their quality is higher. And (2.) The cost of doing business is higher there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back