Anyone have a Springfield XD or XDM?

No but I've held one and it fit my hand better than a GLOCK. I can't see it ever replacing the CCW role of my GLOCK 23, particularly with the grip safety but hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot one here soon.

Just picked up a XDm .40sw , 4.5 inch barrel. Haven't fired it yet, but it fits my hand perfectly. Got in on the 3 free mags deal Springfield had going on, so total its gun + holster + 2 mag pouches + 5 mags (16rd capacity) for around $600.
Time to sell the PX4.

Me too. Got an XDM 40 cal 4.5" stainless with the 3 extra mag deal for $565. Will be in tomorrow then going straight to qualifying, then straight to duty. Ill post pics.

Is a brand new SCAR at $2500 a good price?

Me too. Got an XDM 40 cal 4.5" stainless with the 3 extra mag deal for $565. Will be in tomorrow then going straight to qualifying, then straight to duty. Ill post pics.

Is that the bi-tone? I saw that locally for around that price. I missed out on that deal when it came around. I'm happy with what I got though, esp. since I'm looking for a lower profile firearm for security work. The last security event gig I worked, we had 5 attempted murders (1 stabbing, 3 vehicular, one, um, bludgeoning with pipes). It made national news (The Gathering of the Juggalos 2010).
If they have it in Illinois again, I'll not be going back. Strictest weapons laws in the country. Its a 24 hour wait for pepper spray for fuck's sake.

i have a xd 9mm sub-compact, great gun. shoots very well and I have never had a ftf or fte. in a supertuck holster no one can tell you have it on.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It is. It wasnt a deal at that price. I run a gun store and that is just my wholesale cost plus shipping to get it. They did have a deal however if you buy an xd or xdm in December you get three free magazines and a mag holster, so a holster, 2 mag holsters, and 5 magazines total.

This will be my new duty weapon also as I go back on patrol in January. The triggers on the xdms are amazing. Plus the grip on them is fairly skinny for small handed guys like me. I will never carry another duty pistol unless I'm forced to. Plus a 16 round 40 mag compared to a glock isnt bad at all. Ive got a TLR-1s coming in the mail too to replace my M3. I will never carry a weapon on duty that doesnt have a mounted light.

I did shoot the 4th gen glock 23 yesterday also. That double recoil spring really helps a lot.

Is that the bi-tone? I saw that locally for around that price. I missed out on that deal when it came around. I'm happy with what I got though, esp. since I'm looking for a lower profile firearm for security work. The last security event gig I worked, we had 5 attempted murders (1 stabbing, 3 vehicular, one, um, bludgeoning with pipes). It made national news (The Gathering of the Juggalos 2010).
If they have it in Illinois again, I'll not be going back. Strictest weapons laws in the country. Its a 24 hour wait for pepper spray for fuck's sake.

XDs are great. Point wonderfully and are very smooth operating.

However, be careful:

My wife carried a XD45 as her duty weapon and had a XD45sub as her backup. One day while she was at the range attending a tactical pistol session she suddenly started getting failure to fire stoppages.

Upon inspection, I (and another instructor) noted that the rounds had extremely light primer strikes.

Long story short: Sent the weapon to SA, they claimed it was a "gunked up firing mechanism". I called them on it and explained that the weapon was actually inspected by myself and three other tactical officers, and that there was no "gunk" in the firing mechanism and the firing pin spring might be faulty. SA claimed that they "cleaned out" the area around the firing pin and the problem was fixed.

She brought it back to the range when she got it back.

Same problem.

Now she carries M&Ps. I thank God we found the problem on the range, not when she needed it.

This very well could have been an isolated problem, or it could be an indicator of the weapon not standing up to heavy use. She had about 10000 rounds through it when the problem manifested.

Sucks, because they really are fun guns to shoot. I just can not trust em.

Back