Anyone had wisdom teeth taken out?

smittaayymma

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I gotta get my wisdom teeth out friday at 12 i know i shouldn't train friday....actually i don't know that it's just what they told me. the doc tells you all sorts of stuff like i'll have pain for a week, not be able to eat alot and have no energy, etc. I'd like to get back to training Monday or very least Wednesday. Anyone one have this procedure and feel fine right away?

I had mine out on Friday and was back to training on Monday. Some people's experience is different than others.

You'll just have to play it by ear and trust your own impression of your body.

I gotta get my wisdom teeth out friday at 12 i know i shouldn't train friday....actually i don't know that it's just what they told me. the doc tells you all sorts of stuff like i'll have pain for a week, not be able to eat alot and have no energy, etc. I'd like to get back to training Monday or very least Wednesday. Anyone one have this procedure and feel fine right away?

I felt fine right away. I would take a week off though because there are legitimate risks for infection. You could either run yourself down and get an infection from something else or you might somehow get germs form going to the gym. Any infections go straight to the bone, so I'd play it safe.

It's gonna be different for everyone. I had a couple dry sockets and was on painkillers for a week. But in high school I dated a girl who had hers taken out and played in a volleyball game the next night with no problems.

I felt fine right away. I would take a week off though because there are legitimate risks for infection. You could either run yourself down and get an infection from something else or you might somehow get germs form going to the gym. Any infections go straight to the bone, so I'd play it safe.

good advice i wasn't even thinking about this. i was just thinking about getting gassed and feeling sick.

thanks

I had all four taken out the same week. I couldn't afford to get sick and thus lose hours at work so I decided not to roll until I was off whatever medicine they gave me. It all depends on the person's but if you are supporting your family, or school is really important to you, then I would consider laying off. I get weirded out by people who roll they day after getting a tattoo though so to each their own.
I should add that for whatever reason they did not take them all out the same day (it was a university hospital in South Korea, a senior student was doing the surgery, and apparently half of my wisdom teeth were really hard to get at). If only we could get all of our wisdom teeth removed in the states for less than a $100!

its not that big of a deal, a doy or two at most. i had mine taken out during bootcamp(all 4) and the bitch didnt even sew me up right or give me vicodin(her dumbass was in the navy). if i can do ok under all the bullshit that was going on in there im sure youll be fine with a day or two of rest in your regular life. dont sweat it man, youll be rolling again in no time.

I had all four removed in College and played in a basketball game two days later, had a little bruising and swelling, but all in all it wasn't that bad.

Depends on how it goes. Sometimes they pop out, sometimes they really have to fuck up your mouth to get it out. Could be a day, could be a week.

i took about three days off when mine were removed. everything was fine after that

i had two removed at a time, i had to take about a week off each time it was very soar. plus it could cause dry socket.

I had the 4 taken out at once.

Laughing would make me piss blood for the first week.
I could imagine that the wound could have reopened during a triangle choke or an accidental knee on the jaw all the way until 2-3 weeks.

It all depends how much they have to dig to get yours out.

haha good to see this thread, I go in for a consultation tomorrow also and will probably get mine out next week.

holy fuck they told me to eat cold because hot would hurt. so i just had some warm eggs and it felt great then i took i drink of water to make sure not eggs were caught in the holes and wow felt wayyy worse then when i got cavities filled with no Novocain. What did u guys eat?

I'm starting to feel pain but so far, nothing.

Hopefully I won't need to have them taken out.

I had mine taken out not because they were causing problems but because I needed space for surgery.

I rolled a couple of hours after but I have good training partners who don't spazz out. I rolled before it swelled up.

Depends how badly they are impacted. I would also request "twilight anesthesia" is possible as opposed to general anaesthetic (one again depending how bad they are). Its ketmaine mixed in with a few others so you'll have a great ol' time when you're under, but won't remember a thing, and its cheaper compared to GA.

Back