Anyone got news on Aoki vs Akiyama for Dec

RonMachineGunJhun

Jesus is Lord
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Shinya-Aoki-Yoshihiro-Akiyama-1200X800-600x400.jpg
Saw they might meet in dec after fight falling through a few months back. I understand Akiyama is in his 40's but he stays in shape and is a lot bigger thank Aoki. Still think it could be a fun fight.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021...iro-akiyama-you-dont-have-that-much-time-left

Following a recent grappling bout in Tokyo, in which Aoki (47-9) battled to a draw with Shutaro Debana, “Tobikan Judan” took the microphone to address Akiyama (15-7), who was also in the building as part of the broadcast team.

“I wake up, and I train,” Aoki said in his native Japanese. “I wake up, and I work. I try my hardest every single day. I’ve had enough. Living is full of suffering. I’ve had enough of this life. I’ve tried my hardest in martial arts, and after fighting for 20 years, I’ve realized just how lonely this is. But still, I continue fighting.

“On Sept. 6, there was an offer to fight. Why’d you decline the offer? Come on, say it. Don’t lie. Say something.”

If anyone has any news im interested. Mahalos braddahs

Last thing I saw Aoki do was attack some kid who mentioned he wanted to fight him after he'd won a fight lol

WTF happened to Aoki's voice? What drugs is he on that his voice got so fucked up?
Then again, given that this looks like a definite WWE-type of event, he may have faked the voice as well.

WTF happened to Aoki's voice? What drugs is he on that his voice got so fucked up?
Then again, given that this looks like a definite WWE-type of event, he may have faked the voice as well.
He got choked so much that it fucked up his voice. No joke. That's what you get for not tapping

Back