Anyone Giving Bader a Chance?

The power advantage is what makes his striking significantly better than Davis, in my opinion.

I would say he's more dangerous but not quite as diverse at mixing it up. If you told me it was a stand up battle and went to a decision I would bet Davis would have won.

umm have you guys ever seen Bader fight? his striking is probably a little worse than Phil ...i see some idiots saying Phil is going to get ko'ed, i find that extremely laughable considering Phil has never been knocked out and he has faced the heaviest hitters in the division

Bader tends to get tired fairly easy so i see Phil grinding him out to a decision

I'm gonna tell you guys the short version of this. Davis is gonna put tips all over that boy, he's not gonna know up from down. He's not gonna wanna get back in there with anybody, much less Jones or Glover.

I would say he's more dangerous but not quite as diverse at mixing it up. If you told me it was a stand up battle and went to a decision I would bet Davis would have won.

Well, that's possible. I expect Davis to use his speed and try to stay on the outside while striking. The same way he tried against Rumble. If he can't use it to set up takedowns against Bader, I think Bader is the more dangerous guy on their feet.

I'm hardly predicting a Bader win. Just saying Davis's striking has never been impressive. Who knows, maybe he's finally learned how.

absolutely, both have good chances IMO

Davis usually has a HUGE wrestling advantage which makes his striking look better, his true striking was only shown against Rashad, Vinny and Rumble. It was terrible.

Davis is the better fighter but the matchup really favors Bader.

Davis gets owned whenever he fights a decent wrestler with a modicum of striking, so I'm expecting Bader to win. Rashad easily beat him standing and to top it off humiliated him at his own game. He had absolutely nothing for Rumble and had his all his TD's easily stuffed. His best wins aren't all that great when you look at them in context. Glover was coming off the Jones loss, had a horrible weight cut and apparently injury problems and fought easily his worst fight in the UFC. The Machida "win" was a joke. Gustafsson was green.

Everyone is talking about the Gus v Johnson fight but I haven't seen too many on Bader vs Davis. Obviously there is not title implications for these two but it will still make them fairly close to the next shot.

I like Bader a lot and his grappling again OSP was pretty impressive. I think he has a lot more power then Davis but Davis mixes up his combinations and takedowns pretty well. Most of Bader's loses comes from him being to aggressive then getting rocked but I have a hard time seeing Davis doing that because of his point striking.

I'm kind of torn on this because I know Bader hasn't improved as much as Jones and Jones would whoop him even worse and Davis is one of the few left to not face him. I'm hoping to see a Bader win in this one though.

Bader has improved since his loss to Glover . His footwork has looked on point with more head movement and he is not rushing things anymore. This is a hard one to call but I'm normally always going to pick bader idk why just something wants me to see him succeed. He's a very humble family man and every fight he gives a portion of his money away to support the Vets of war . I Think that Bader will be more successful as he is quicker than glover so he will be able to combine it with footwork to get in land a combo get out. Also be interesting to see how he fights now his hand seems to be mended as he fought his last two with a broken hand. I'll take Bader TKO early third or UD .

Yea, why not? I don't think Davis can dominate Bader in the grappling department, on the other hand, Bader can outstrike Davis.

Every Davis fight simply comes down to - can he score TDs? If he can't then its all over.

I think Bader has good enough TDD to stand at least two rounds and outstrike Davis to win 29-28 decision. Both of them have bad striking but Davis is much worse. Bader actually can land few combinations and has some movement/power in his hands. He almost KO Glover and was winning in stand up before he went derp mode. Davis is very slow and throws those awkward kicks. Some slow jabs here and there, predictable 1-2. That is pretty much it from Davis as far as striking goes. He does have good defense because he doesn't over-commit on his striking but still its very robotic and telegraphed. In his last few fights he didn't even set up his TDs with striking, just rushed in. Not bashing Davis, he is a great wrestler but not so good in striking.

Close fight but Bader definitely has a good chance to win. Just have to defend TDDs like crazy because Davis will shot as soon as Bader lands on him.

Last edited:
Bader has a huge chance to win this if he touches Davis's chin. Davis gets it to the ground, he chicken wings Bader and subs him.

Both Davis and Bader have proved that you are never safe betting on them against a good opponent.

Back