Anyone get their back cracked by non-chiropractors?

This is off topic, but these are snap crackle and pop for me.

foamroller.jpg

And if I put the thing into my lap while kneeling and bend over it (feels like lower back is going to separate), my sinuses clear up.

WOW! That actually works really well. I just tried it out and got a few snaps as well as some pops and crackles. Feels great actually, thanks!

No prob. Randomly had it happen when shadowboxing one evening. Been doing it before my workouts ever since.

Getting someone relatively light to walk on my back works best for me.

I crack my lower back by throwing quick knees up and across my midsection, while twisting my upper body the opposite direction. It feels great, but hardly seems like it accomplishes anything more than simply loosening up my body.

Have had friends crack my back many times before, just for the hell of it; thought everyone did it. It works to release some tension, but I'm of the opinion that any kind of 'cracking' is nothing more than just limbering up.

I crack my back the same way. I have tons of issues with my body and can stiffen up really bad. On some days I barely move my neck or arm and boom huuge crack.

On a bad day I wont be able to move at all and on a couple occasions had to be basically dragged/ carried into a chiropractic

I went to a chiropractor while I was in my twenty's. Mostly because she was super hot, and wore a loose blouse that allowed for a spectacular view of her cleavage and bra every time she leaned over. Now I'm in my forties and I go to a chiropractor because she's hot and she presses her boobs on me during the adjustment.

I am a fan of chiropractic

To put it in context, the amount of relief for low back pain experienced in properly blinded and controlled trials of chiropractic effectiveness (the only, and I repeat, ONLY area where it has been demonstrated effective) is about equivalent to the amount experienced by someone taking an ibuprofen, or someone who is handed a pamphlet on reducing lower back pain.

Let that sink in... receiving a pamphlet on low back pain is just as effective as chiropractic treatment, once the placebo effect is controlled for.

I went to a chiropractor while I was in my twenty's. Mostly because she was super hot, and wore a loose blouse that allowed for a spectacular view of her cleavage and bra every time she leaned over. Now I'm in my forties and I go to a chiropractor because she's hot and she presses her boobs on me during the adjustment.

I am a fan of chiropractic

Your mom's a chiropractor? :redface:

^ (j/k, btw)

I've only been once. Maybe I should try it again?

It wasn't a bad experience per se, just felt I got ripped off.

When I signed in, they informed me that a student from the local chiropractic college would be observing. Hey, no big deal, right?

Well, the main guy is probably in his 50s or 60s, and was recommended by a co-worker.

So when I get into the room, some early-to-mid-20s blonde (pretty) walks in. I'm thinking "Okay, this must be the student or whatever, and she's gonna do a lot of the pre-work

Have the person interlace their fingers directly behind their neck, and then tell them to touch their elbows together, or at least attempt it if they are a fat fuck (actually, I wouldn't recommend trying this technique on someone much heavier than you, as you could end up fucking your own back in the process). Anyway, have them touch their elbows together with their fingers interlaced behind their neck, then grab them from behind in a sort of bear hug, your arms around their forearms, and then you basically lean back and lift them up like you're going to suplex them, but stopping before you actually do obviously, even though it might be somewhat hilarious to suplex the shit out of someone under the pretense of fixing their back.

If you do it right, you should be able to get a large number of pops out of someone, and it really seems to loosen you up and relieve tension.

I used to do a very similar thing to an ex girlfriend. She would cross her arms across her chest and I would bear hug her from behind and lift her off the ground leaning backwards then drop her say 50mm down and let gravity take care of the rest when i stopped her fall. Used to get some nice clunks and a bit of payback sechs as well.

I get massages on a fairly regular basis, but have never been to a chiropractor. I've always thought of them as kind of bogus... but then again... I know plenty of people who swear by them. Still, I think if I was having severe back pain, my first stop would be to a medical doctor.

And if I put the thing into my lap while kneeling and bend over it (feels like lower back is going to separate), my sinuses clear up.

can you explain this better? I just can't seem to visualize what you're describing here.

I went to a chiro somewhat recently for the first time because I wanted to see what it was like to get adjusted and everything cracked. It was OK but not worth the $100 and of course they wanted to schedule follow up visits.

I felt pretty good after but it wasn't life changing or anything and I feel the same as I always have. If you have a lot of aches and pains or really stiff joints then a chiro might help out. If you just want to get cracked for the feels, I'd probably stay away.

As for finding someone that will crack stuff without going to a chiro, I would call around to some massage places and ask if they do it. If you do deep tissue massages they will usually at least crack your back and neck. It's far less medical and more just for the enjoyment.

This is off topic, but these are snap crackle and pop for me.

foamroller.jpg

What are those called? I wouldn't mind trying one.

There is some evidence that spinal manipulation therapy (back crackin') has shown to have benefits, which is why some non-chiropractors also do it, like physical therapists, doctors of osteopathy, and others.

Links to said evidence?

I probably wouldn't use a chiropractor if I had to pay for it. My buddy is one and tunes me up every once in a while. Does it work? I dunno.

Back