Anyone get their back cracked by non-chiropractors?

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
There is a debate on whether chiropractors are true healers or con-artists, and if you look into the science, the answer is they're kinda both.

There is some evidence that spinal manipulation therapy (back crackin') has shown to have benefits, which is why some non-chiropractors also do it, like physical therapists, doctors of osteopathy, and others.

But the problem is chiropractors claim that spinal manipulation will cure everything that's wrong with you, which is bullshit.

So my question to you guys is have any of you ever had your back or neck cracked by any physical therapists or doctors who weren't chiropractors? If so, how would you rate the experience?

I'm asking because I love having my spine cracked, it feels awesome. But I just hate going to these chiropractic con men because the whole time they're crackin me they're feeding me lines of bullshit about how these adjustments will clear up my sinuses or improve my liver function.

I want to go to someone who's like "oh you slept on your neck wrong?" *crack* "there you go, come back next time your neck hurts" without trying to sell me on their bullshit maintenence plans

Wow this guy's awesome. I wish he was still practicing, I'd totally go to him. He took the good parts of chiropractic and threw out all the unscientific junk.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/science-based-chiropractic-an-oxymoron/

I spent 43 years in private practice as a “science-based” chiropractor and a critic of the chiropractic vertebral subluxation theory. I am often asked how I justified practicing as a chiropractor while renouncing the basic tenets of chiropractic. My answer has always been: I was able to offer manipulation in combination with physical therapy modalities as a treatment for mechanical-type back pain—a service that was not readily available in physiotherapy or in any other sub-specialty of medicine.

It's a hit or miss, I know a couple of people that swear by it.

From my back problems, i know a few stretches and maneuvers to "Crack" a back and temporarily ease some stiffness. That said, i let people know that I'm not trained or a professional and I usually don't put the amount of force or pressure i would into my own back

There is a debate on whether chiropractors are true healers or con-artists, and if you look into the science, the answer is they're kinda both.

There is some evidence that spinal manipulation therapy (back crackin') has shown to have benefits, which is why some non-chiropractors also do it, like physical therapists, doctors of osteopathy, and others.

But the problem is chiropractors claim that spinal manipulation will cure everything that's wrong with you, which is bullshit.

So my question to you guys is have any of you ever had your back or neck cracked by any physical therapists or doctors who weren't chiropractors? If so, how would you rate the experience?

I'm asking because I love having my spine cracked, it feels awesome. But I just hate going to these chiropractic con men because the whole time they're crackin me they're feeding me lines of bullshit about how these adjustments will clear up my sinuses or improve my liver function.

I want to go to someone who's like "oh you slept on your neck wrong?" *crack* "there you go, come back next time your neck hurts" without trying to sell me on their bullshit maintenence plans

Look for a "reform" chiropractor as opposed to a "straight" or "mixer". Reform chiropractors are the most closely aligned with mainstream medicine and perform treatment of muscoloskeletal disorders only, not any of the alternative medicine BS. You might have to call around and speak to the chiropractor him/herself to find out what their scope of practice truly is.

This is interesting. Apparently in Europe there's a thing called yumeiho which looks like a mixture of chiropractic and massage. The interesting part is that these guys don't use any of the same cracking techniques that U.S. chiropractors do.

Check out the moves:

Look for a "reform" chiropractor as opposed to a "straight" or "mixer". Reform chiropractors are the most closely aligned with mainstream medicine and perform treatment of muscoloskeletal disorders only, not any of the alternative medicine BS. You might have to call around and speak to the chiropractor him/herself to find out what their scope of practice truly is.

Dude, you don't know how much you just helped me out. I've been googling "anti-subluxation chiropractors" and "non subluxation theory chiropractors" I just couldn't seem to get the right terms down. Thanks for the tip.

I personally wouldn't want someone cracking my back like that routinely. It seems harmful.

Well from all the reading I've been doing on it lately, it appears that science is admitting that spine adjustments can help with back pain, but that's it. It doesn't help with anything else.

However, neck adjustments are a different story and can cause strokes. Nobody seems to know exactly how often this occurs, but it's somewhere between 1 in a million (according to chiropractors) and 1 in a 100. I know I'm not going to have my neck adjusted anymore unless I'm in so much pain that the reward outweighs the risk.

Dude, you don't know how much you just helped me out. I've been googling "anti-subluxation chiropractors" and "non subluxation theory chiropractors" I just couldn't seem to get the right terms down. Thanks for the tip.

yourewelcome.gif

Not all chiropractors are created equal.

I don't know about the states but in Australia they need to do about 6 years of university before they can practise (Under grad and then a Masters).

All chiropractors I have been to have undergone that education and all have been good, none have ever told me back cracking would help with random aliments like sinuses.

I have always gone for a specific purpose and pretty much every time they have helped in that regard.
Only time they couldn't, no other sort of doctor could either.

In America is seems like chiropractors are just a massuse with an ego. What qualifications are required?

Not all chiropractors are created equal.

I don't know about the states but in Australia they need to do about 6 years of university before they can practise (Under grad and then a Masters).

All chiropractors I have been to have undergone that education and all have been good, none have ever told me back cracking would help with random aliments like sinuses.

I have always gone for a specific purpose and pretty much every time they have helped in that regard.
Only time they couldn't, no other sort of doctor could either.

In America is seems like chiropractors are just a massuse with an ego. What qualifications are required?

They have to go to school here too. I'm not sure if it's 6 years though. The problem is that many of the schools teach this subluxation theory that basically says cracking your back will cure everything and anything that ails you. So most chiropractors here sound like snake-oil salesmen and it makes people not trust the profession as a whole.

I crack my lower back by throwing quick knees up and across my midsection, while twisting my upper body the opposite direction. It feels great, but hardly seems like it accomplishes anything more than simply loosening up my body.

Have had friends crack my back many times before, just for the hell of it; thought everyone did it. It works to release some tension, but I'm of the opinion that any kind of 'cracking' is nothing more than just limbering up.

I crack my lower back by throwing quick knees up and across my midsection, while twisting my upper body the opposite direction. It feels great, but hardly seems like it accomplishes anything more than simply loosening up my body.

WOW! That actually works really well. I just tried it out and got a few snaps as well as some pops and crackles. Feels great actually, thanks!

My go-to technique requires another person of similar size and weight (your chick probably won't be able to do it on you unless you're a twig or she's super-fit).

Have the person interlace their fingers directly behind their neck, and then tell them to touch their elbows together, or at least attempt it if they are a fat fuck (actually, I wouldn't recommend trying this technique on someone much heavier than you, as you could end up fucking your own back in the process). Anyway, have them touch their elbows together with their fingers interlaced behind their neck, then grab them from behind in a sort of bear hug, your arms around their forearms, and then you basically lean back and lift them up like you're going to suplex them, but stopping before you actually do obviously, even though it might be somewhat hilarious to suplex the shit out of someone under the pretense of fixing their back.

If you do it right, you should be able to get a large number of pops out of someone, and it really seems to loosen you up and relieve tension.

WOW! That actually works really well. I just tried it out and got a few snaps as well as some pops and crackles. Feels great actually, thanks!

My go-to technique requires another person of similar size and weight (your chick probably won't be able to do it on you unless you're a twig or she's super-fit).

Have the person interlace their fingers directly behind their neck, and then tell them to touch their elbows together, or at least attempt it if they are a fat fuck (actually, I wouldn't recommend trying this technique on someone much heavier than you, as you could end up fucking your own back in the process). Anyway, have them touch their elbows together with their fingers interlaced behind their neck, then grab them from behind in a sort of bear hug, your arms around their forearms, and then you basically lean back and lift them up like you're going to suplex them, but stopping before you actually do obviously, even though it might be somewhat hilarious to suplex the shit out of someone under the pretense of fixing their back.

If you do it right, you should be able to get a large number of pops out of someone, and it really seems to loosen you up and relieve tension.

You forgot the step where the person getting their back cracked needs to exhale.

You phony. Big phat phony. Don't take advice from this guy.

Chiro's in my experience are a rip off but they do provide relief. They essentially re-align your body to it's correct form. However my wife has had numerous chiro sessions for her neck and her back and they last 45 minutes with about 15 minutes worth of actual treatment. That where I see it as being a rip off.

You forgot the step where the person getting their back cracked needs to exhale.

You phony. Big phat phony. Don't take advice from this guy.

Oh yeah, you need to have them breathe out all the way, that's important. Otherwise you'll rupture their internal organs and they'll explode like those beers you left in the freezer a while back.

That said, I probably wouldn't take my advice as I've just been exposed as a big fat phony.

Back