Anyone from USPS/Cali Law enforecement want to help?

Sports Select

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I got an order from California USA (we are based in the UK), card details checkout, same delivery address as the card address, so sent it Airmal signed for. It arrives 6 days later and is signed for by the recipient at the given address as confirmed by the USPS track and trace service.

Shortly after I recieve a dispute notice from my bank saying the charge has been queried by the recipient. I supply the original invoice with tracking number, the postal receipt and a print out of the USPS confirmation as evidence of the order being recieved, goods sent in good faith and recieved at the card holders adress.

I later recieve a second dispute notice that the recipient claims the transaction was a third party fraud and the money will be debited from my account and credited to her card. I phone the phone number given with the order and ask for the name given with the order "this is she" is the reply I get, when I ask for an explanation of what is going on she asks if I can 'call back later' as she is a busy, I ask "did you recieve the goods" she says "Yes" then hangs up.

So:
-The order was placed in the name of the registered card holder at their address.
-The order was shipped to that address.
-The order was signed for at that address.
-The registered card holder answered the phone at that address and admitted recieveing the goods.

The bank say for consumer protection the burden of proof is on me and they will not re present the transaction, I have to take legal action to reclaim the goods. So far no one at any legal/postal dept. really wants to know.

Call the police department of the city and see what they can do for you... what was the city in which she was in - I'll find the number for you

From Howstuffworks "Prosecuting Identity Theft"

Congress declared identity theft a federal crime in 1998 when it passed the Identity Theft and Assumption Deterrence Act. This offense, in most circumstances, carries a maximum term of 15 years imprisonment, a fine, and criminal forfeiture of any personal property used or intended to be used to commit the offense.

Identity fraud schemes may also involve violations of other statutes, such as identification fraud, credit card fraud, computer fraud, mail fraud, wire fraud, or financial institution fraud. Each of these federal offenses are felonies that carry substantial penalties -* in some cases, up to 30 years imprisonment, fines and criminal forfeiture.

Federal prosecutors work with federal investigative agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the United States Secret Service and the United States Postal Inspection Service to prosecute identity theft and fraud cases.

Wow thanks mate. Simi Valley is the location.

If all else fails I think I might write a letter addressed to "Mr. XXXXXXX" from "California Medical Blood Screening Dept." That should get the female interested enough to open it. Letter content shall read:

"Dear sir,

I am sorry to inform you that your results returned a positive for Bovine herpies, a rare sexually transmitted disease that can only occure through unprotected sex with dead farm animals. There is no cure. Please advise all your sexual partners that they may be infected."

It won't get my money back but will make me smile.

lol... give me a little bit - I have to do my rounds... I'll give you a whole slew of information that might be useful to you.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with this. Best of luck on a resolution.

Sorry to delay...

The phone number for the Simi Valley Police Department is 01+ (805) 583-6950

Also, check out these sites...
Police Department
Ventura County District Attorney
- Ventura County District Attorney's Office (phone #) 01+(805) 654-2500

Credit Card fraud is also a federal crime and when done with items to be shipped (i.e. MMA Gear) it's considered postal fraud as well.

You can file a complaint with the FBI here - Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home, call your local FBI office at 0-11-44-207-894-0007 or call the U.S. Secret Service Ventura County office at 01-805-339-9180 as it is a case of identity theft and fraud.

If you sent it out Royalmail Airmail I would contact your local office and see how they could help you as well.

You may have to call everyone possible, but I really suggest doing it. Anyone who does this crap deserves to be bufu'ed in prison. We have to work to pay for what we have - so why shouldn't they?

Full Contact Outlet

Spoke to the US embassy today, they were very helpfull.

Will follow up on Full Contacts advice aswell. VOIP means it costs nothing to call the US.

Biatch is going down.

just fly over get take your stuff back, bet the bitch would be surprised when you come knocking on her door.

What a small world, I live in Simi Valley. I will smack the chick for you, what did she get. I have my own store so I feel for you. Let me know If I can be any help since im in the same city

Well it's with a very cool and helpfull sgt. at the Simi Valley PD atm. If that doesn't work out to my satisfaction I may have to persue other means.

Infact the Simi Valley PD were the most friendly and helpfull bunch altogther. Perhapse a bit of local pride there? Anyway their attitude goes along way with me.

It was $87 worth of merch inc shipping.

i am sorry to hear this man. i know how you feel because we have received a few chargebacks and we have just had to write them off. there is little in place to protect us sellers with respect to online transactions. the liability always resides with the seller and the banks just do not want to know when you receive chargebacks. the only way you can pass the liability back onto the bank is by using verify by visa/mastercard. I really hope you get your money back, because it is evident you withheld your part of the order. it's just that this individual is trying to get one over on you. let me know how you get on.

also this effectively theft so the police should be able to do something!

also this effectively theft so the police should be able to do something!

I hope so --because its just plain stealing-- and he even called them and they said they had recieved the items yet they want there money back

To be honest we are going through a similar situation at the moment. We haven't had a charge back, but the courier is saying they have delivered the order and they have a signature. However the customer is saying that he is yet to receive them. Do you think it could be possible that the postal service have left it with a neighbour in your case?

To be honest we are going through a similar situation at the moment. We haven't had a charge back, but the courier is saying they have delivered the order and they have a signature. However the customer is saying that he is yet to receive them. Do you think it could be possible that the postal service have left it with a neighbour in your case?

The crazy thing is that he called them and they said they got it. So chances are they are trying to get it for free or someone in that house used a card that wasnt theirs maybe a kid..Take their parents card, buy what they want, but put their own cell phone number down. who knows.

I hope it works out. Not much crime in Simi so the PD should have plenty of time to wok on it.

Oddly enough, a month after this, I got a purchase from a girl in Simi Valley California. Yesterday I got a chargeback from her.

Her name was Pam, and her last name reminded me that of a big basketball player that "had" AIDS. Keep that in mind guys.

Back