Anyone feel like Goldberg's departure was announced too late?

The way that a lot of posters here throw thoughtless insults at the people who have been a big part of their mma journey, be it long tenured fighters or staff, and with no explanation or reasoning is bloody disgusting.

How many great moments over the years have been narrated by Goldie? We take it for granted, but when we see the tale of the tape, and fighters have very similar stats, we are subconsciously waiting for "virtually identical" and smile every time it is delivered.

We wait for the "here we go!" At the start and secretly hope there is a big moment straight away so it fucks up his sponsor read out; which he handles so well when it happens usually.

Think about how unsatisfying it is, when Anik and Sean are commentating and barely even show any excitement as a KO or Sub happens in amazing fashion, when we are so used to hearing "And it is allll over!" With Joe saying "wow! Unbelievable!" In the background.

You shitty, uneducated, disrespectful cunts are a fucking cancer in this place and you should take a long, hard look at yourselves.

Inb4 Conor nuthuggers are the real cancer

Inb4 triggered

Inb4 Well, bye gif

The way that a lot of posters here throw thoughtless insults at the people who have been a big part of their mma journey, be it long tenured fighters or staff, and with no explanation or reasoning is bloody disgusting.

How many great moments over the years have been narrated by Goldie? We take it for granted, but when we see the tale of the tape, and fighters have very similar stats, we are subconsciously waiting for "virtually identical" and smile every time it is delivered.

We wait for the "here we go!" At the start and secretly hope there is a big moment straight away so it fucks up his sponsor read out; which he handles so well when it happens usually.

Think about how unsatisfying it is, when Anik and Sean are commentating and barely even show any excitement as a KO or Sub happens in amazing fashion, when we are so used to hearing "And it is allll over!" With Joe saying "wow! Unbelievable!" In the background.

You shitty, uneducated, disrespectful cunts are a fucking cancer in this place and you should take a long, hard look at yourselves.

Inb4 Conor nuthuggers are the real cancer

Inb4 triggered

Inb4 Well, bye gif

There's nothing thoughtless about the critique of Goldberg. The guy is a shitty announcer who has a rudimetrimentry understanding of the sport in spite of how long he's been covering it. He relies on canned catchphrases and is totally out to lunch half of the time.

I understand the UFC using him when they honestly couldn't get anybody else, but keeping him on all of these years due to loyalty was ridiculous.

Yeah, he did the game, and he was so terrible that he never did another one.
I thought the problem was he got into a Twitter beef or something so they took him off

I thought the problem was he got into a Twitter beef or something so they took him off

He attacked the fans who were criticizing him on Twitter and the network responded to that by pulling him. However, he was so terrible announcing the game, it's not likely that Fox would have given him another assignment.

That buttresses my point though. This isn't just a baseless MMA fan vendetta against a public figure in the sport, and I acknowledge that several of those actually exist. The Bills and Vikings fans, who had no idea who Goldberg was before that game started, thought that he was so terrible that they spent an entire week crushing him on social media after the game which made him lose his shit.

It also shows how fucking unprofessional the atmosphere in the UFC is. Because Goldberg never would have gotten punished for having the same response to MMA fans.

Last edited:
I think it should have been announced 6 or 7 years ago

Yeah...about 10 years too late.

**EDIT** Damn...I'm late to the party with my post. I'm glad I'm not alone in my thinking, though.

That sad part is, we're only going to have one last shot at a classic Goldyism. I hope he delivers. Too bad Joanna Jsdfkjbshdfjkb isn't fighting.

He attacked the fans who were criticizing him on Twitter and the network responded to that by pulling him. However, he was so terrible announcing the game, it's not likely that Fox would have given him another assignment.

That buttresses my point though. This isn't just a baseless MMA fan vendetta against a public figure in the sport, and I acknowledge that several of those actually exist. The Bills and Vikings fans, who had no idea who Goldberg was before that game started, thought that he was so terrible that they spent an entire week crushing him on social media after the game which made him lose his shit.

It also shows how fucking unprofessional the atmosphere in the UFC is. Because Goldberg never would have gotten punished for having the same response to MMA fans.
Well look at all the shit Dana does, that would never fly in other leagues

I think it's really bizarre and risky that they're giving him a gig after telling him he's gone. It's pretty well known he's had certain problems in the past and he may very well just say "fuck it" at some point tonight.

Back